Just finished my latest artwork, check it out

Vegeta

Gawd
Well I just finished my newest peice for DA. I hadn't updated in a while. It took less than 2 hours actually but I was extremely focused. I know there are lots of people here that use PS:CS and are semi-new to it. I have worked for a studio for several years and have lots of experience with CS, so if anyone is needing some help with something in CS, let me know.

As far as the artwork, check it out below.

Endless Bliss by Mikee

Argh! What the christing buggery did they do to DA? You'd think with all those skilled digital artists hanging around they'd be able to find someone capable of creating something both aesthetically appealing and functional.

Nice work, though.

damn cool man...I like that a lot.

and wtf? that guy bitching about the "red planet's tint"...does he want pictures all the same color??? surprised he didn't bitch about the trees being green as well :rolleyes:

:EDIT: damn...cool...a fellow Missourian ;) where abouts?

Very nicely done. You spent some time on that. The smaller things like the reflection on the water, and the blensind between different areas, etc are what really sets it apart from some of the amatuerish stuff. Only things that jumps out at me is the distinct line where the stars abruptly cutoff, and that the stars are showing through the smaller moon due to the transparancy on the moon. Just my opinion though so take it with a grain of salt - my intentions are defintley not to flame your work in any way. I did browse some of your other work as well and it's extremley good. I'd erase the stars on their layer behind the lower moon and maybe dupe that layer and have it fade out going down from the line where the stars cutoff right now.

Thanks for the comments.

The original file was sized down for a few reasons. One was for viewability. Another was to hide the fact that some of the sampling I did was upzsized a bit.

I did not realise the stars cut off quite that abriptly. I did this on a widescreen 1440x900 pixel laptop all at full res, and at times it was hard to see thoe whole picture.

The stars are on top of the moons. I took them out on top of hte 1st moon but left a few on top of the bottom one. I thought it might make it look like satellites between the moon and the planet.

My original idea was that this planet that the 'camera' is on is actually a dual moon of the two large planets. I don't know how it turns out when you first look at it.

I will update it to fix the stars a bit though.

I did try to take a lot of time making this look professional compared to my older works which, compared to this, suck.

I am from Desloge Missouri, but I currently am getting a degree at Univ. MO Rolla.

I might do a wallpaper next. Any specific resolutions? I am on a widescreen and I think there is a lack of nice widescreen backgrounds like this.

Vegeta said:
Thanks for the comments.

The original file was sized down for a few reasons. One was for viewability. Another was to hide the fact that some of the sampling I did was upzsized a bit.

I did not realise the stars cut off quite that abriptly. I did this on a widescreen 1440x900 pixel laptop all at full res, and at times it was hard to see thoe whole picture.

The stars are on top of the moons. I took them out on top of hte 1st moon but left a few on top of the bottom one. I thought it might make it look like satellites between the moon and the planet.

My original idea was that this planet that the 'camera' is on is actually a dual moon of the two large planets. I don't know how it turns out when you first look at it.

I will update it to fix the stars a bit though.

I did try to take a lot of time making this look professional compared to my older works which, compared to this, suck.

I am from Desloge Missouri, but I currently am getting a degree at Univ. MO Rolla.

I might do a wallpaper next. Any specific resolutions? I am on a widescreen and I think there is a lack of nice widescreen backgrounds like this.

That picture is awsome! I'm actually attending UMR too, this is my second year. What's your major?

Mechanical Engineering. My first year here. I already CLEP tested out of english as 17 hours was too much. Lots of work here. Yet I still find time to do a little photoshop.

I will be at the Formula car meeting tommorow night. That's my reason for even being here :).

Vegeta said:
Mechanical Engineering. My first year here. I already CLEP tested out of english as 17 hours was too much. Lots of work here. Yet I still find time to do a little photoshop.

I will be at the Formula car meeting tommorow night. That's my reason for even being here :).

Yeah I'll be there too, I'm on the FSAE team and it's a lot of fun, hopefully we'll do better in Detroit this year than last year.

Back