Just dropped $1600 on a monitor

scanido

Limp Gawd
I pulled the trigger on the last day of a sale on a Ultrasharp 3008wfp....wow even with discounts and my EPP I can't believe this monitor can go for this much!

I read all the reviews and comments here on this monitor and thanks goes out to 10e for helpful insight. The general consensus is that it is a great monitor and most users love it, but the expert reviews think others are better. I have a 3007wfp-hc as well for comparison when it comes in so it would be interesting to see how much better it is. For the extra $450 over the 3007wfp-hc, i hope it is worth it!

Can long time users of this monitor care to comment on how it's been for you?

i'd be interested in hearing about your perceived differences between the 3007wfp-hc and your new 3008...otherwise enjoy man...I've always thought the 3008 was the sexiest 30" :D

wow, congrats mann, i was looking for the same stuff but can't make up my mind to spend that much hhaha.

is there any can give me a brief between 3007/3008 and apple 30 inches (the previous gen)?

Thanks

I pulled the trigger on the last day of a sale on a Ultrasharp 3008wfp....wow even with discounts and my EPP I can't believe this monitor can go for this much!

I read all the reviews and comments here on this monitor and thanks goes out to 10e for helpful insight. The general consensus is that it is a great monitor and most users love it, but the expert reviews think others are better. I have a 3007wfp-hc as well for comparison when it comes in so it would be interesting to see how much better it is. For the extra $450 over the 3007wfp-hc, i hope it is worth it!

It has its cons (wide color gamut, more visible AG coating effect and somewhat higher input lag for gamers) but it's still second best 30" monitor in the market.
Good decision.

The Dell 3008 is being discussed here: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1266885

Ouch, and I thought my spend of 600 was bordering with the excessive. Congratz bud! The monitor looks sweet. I hope you enjoy it.

Ouch, and I thought my spend of 600 was bordering with the excessive. Congratz bud! The monitor looks sweet. I hope you enjoy it.

I'm sure we all had those moments of spending! :D

Believe it or not, i haven't built a computer for 8years so this new rig i'm putting together is sort of justified. If this new rig lasts as long as my last one, then I believe it's money well spent!!!

Yeah, it does really sting when spending this much, but i'm hoping that all goes away when i start to use this new monitor.

Another reason that one would even think twice on buying a monitor now, is CES is just around the corner. Who knows what just around the corner and the prices may be more reasonable. I'm glad i bought the 3008wfp now so that i'm still within my 30day satisfaction period when CES comes around.

Nice monitor. Did you get a 30% discount or whats the going rate on one of those things? I'm waiting to see what NEC's new professional line has to offer myself. 30" is probably too big for me. But 27x3 might be great to have down the road.

After using a 37" 1080p display for a couple of years, I finally decided that it was time to go 30". The Dells were always well liked so I waited until the time was right and snagged a 3007-HC. I thought I got a pretty good deal at just over $700 shipped, and have enjoyed it very very much.

The downside was that I was so eager to buy it, I forgot about the lack of inputs. It is fantastic for PC use, but I miss being able to connect my 360 and PS3 along with my computer. I then contemplated buying a 3008 to gain the additional inputs, but there's no way I could justify paying over double what I paid for the 3007-HC! I can't believe the 3008 is still selling for as much as it is with the other competition out there, and I also look forward to your comparison. One thing I do like about the 3007-HC is the lack of input lag. Apparently it's noticeable on the 3008, but not enough to stop many people from keeping it.

Now, the Eyefinity proponents have me considering going with a triple monitor setup at home and taking the 30" to work. :D

- spent 1800 on my 30" 2 years ago, easily the best money ever spent

2500x1600, you cannot go wrong

regardless of how many times you update your rig, the monitor goes with you...so it's an important part of the computing experience

not to mention that you look at it all the time...you'd have been kicking yourself if you settled for less...now go enjoy :cool:

Back