Just Downloaded Doom 3 Final!!!!

OldM3ta

[H]ard|Gawd
:cool: ... knew I'd get you to click on this message... ;)

But I do have a good thought and want to get it out and see what you all think... :eek:

SOO they pushed back the estimated date on DOOM III. However, I think this game will be terrific when it is released. The sad truth is that the longer they take, the more anticipation there is to get the game. Reminds me of South Beach where I used to live. The clubs would be empty from like 10pm - 1am. What they would do is keep everyone outside waiting in line to get in, so that when people would drive by the strip, they'd see all those people waiting in in and it would get their attention, meanwhile, there is like 2 people inside.

Programmers aren't probably this type of people, but you can bet your bottom dollar that the advertising and publishing companies are run by tons of these "club" kids-grown up. It's just smart economics, but bad for us consumers who drool for more fun on our consoles and computers.

Me? I think its better to hold something off anyway, so that the video card companies can catch up with sales and get prices lower on the X800s and 6800s.... if Doom 3 or Half Life 2 came out right now, I'd be definitely WAY too tempted to buy a $600 dollar card right on the spot... but only an idiot would do that, no matter how much money you have... unless I did manage to download the game tonight (you'd know I'd be knocking on ATI's door with a sawed off ... "where's my x800-PT PE you canadian biyyoootch..., eh?" ;)

actually if you have a radeon 9800 pro you will be able to run half life 2 just fine... i would know as i played the last 45 minutes or so in my visit to valve yesterday.. the computer i was playing on had a radeon 9800 pro i even asked the guy... if you want more info go here http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25737 where i posted... my name is merc and i was the one that got to playtest half life 2 and the day before i played counter strike : source for about 5 minutes...

-warsaw (merc)

Damnit! I had mIRC loading up and everything, all giddy. Nice trick, though. :p

cappy said:
Damnit! I had mIRC loading up and everything, all giddy. Nice trick, though. :p

lol.... I'm sure it'll be on there sooner or later.. either way.. I probably wouldn't bootleg such quality games.. with the amount of hard work going into these products, and me being a computer science major intent on programming for games, it would be a real pity on my part not to shell out the 100 dollars cashs for 100s and 100s of hours of entertainment....

< The $100 dollars are in my game-rig budget for when the big two show :) >

warsawtag said:
actually if you have a radeon 9800 pro you will be able to run half life 2 just fine... i would know as i played the last 45 minutes or so in my visit to valve yesterday.. the computer i was playing on had a radeon 9800 pro i even asked the guy... if you want more info go here http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25737 where i posted... my name is merc and i was the one that got to playtest half life 2 and the day before i played counter strike : source for about 5 minutes...

-warsaw (merc)

So how did you manage to get this privledge? :confused:

MeTaSpARKs said:
lol.... I'm sure it'll be on there sooner or later.. either way.. I probably wouldn't bootleg such quality games.. with the amount of hard work going into these products, and me being a computer science major intent on programming for games, it would be a real pity on my part not to shell out the 100 dollars cashs for 100s and 100s of hours of entertainment....

< The $100 dollars are in my game-rig budget for when the big two show :) >

Of course, I'll definately be buying this game, regardless of whether or not I could download it or not. It's always nice to get a pre-release to see what you're getting though.

So, if you did get to do all this....you should know what all multiplayer mods are in this game. What are they?

well i know that there is cs source (which i played for about 5 minutes) dod source, tf2, and hl1 port... i dont know much about multiplayer tho other than hl2 multi will support vehicles

-warsaw

hey warsaw, for all of us competitive CS players, does the updated source change the game much? Do the added physics make a large difference? I have seen screenshots of the new CS: Source, and I play on CAL, so I'm just wondering if you think CAL and the CPL will switch to the CS: Source or whatever its being called.

yes they for sure will switch the game to cs source... i mean it is the new counter strike and it is extremely fun and everyone is going to want to get it!

-warsaw

warsawtag said:
yes they for sure will switch the game to cs source... i mean it is the new counter strike and it is extremely fun and everyone is going to want to get it!

-warsaw

You never told us how they gave you beta testing rights? :mad: :eek: :D

warsawtag said:
well i know that there is cs source (which i played for about 5 minutes) dod source, tf2, and hl1 port... i dont know much about multiplayer tho other than hl2 multi will support vehicles

-warsaw

Vehicles as the main vocus of the game like bf1942 or something like farcry where the game isn't dependant on vehicles. Like will it have tanks and helis or just buggys.

GlobalFear said:
Vehicles as the main vocus of the game like bf1942 or something like farcry where the game isn't dependant on vehicles. Like will it have tanks and helis or just buggys.

Its gonna be dependant like far cry where you dont have to take it but you can get around much faster but theres parts where you will have to use a vehicle due to the amount of monsters and what not.

BTW im sure hes not allowed to talk about much of it especially on a public forum im sure if you guys pm him he might tell you more info so please pm him. (im jelous so im trying to get them to spam you, you lucky bastard :p )

Back