Just Cause 3 Patch In The Works

HardOCP News

[H] News
Avalanche Studios made a post on the Just Cause 3 Steam Community page saying that a patch for the game is in the works. The developer is asking for your patience as they work on a patch but, as of now, there is no timeline as to when it will be ready.

We need a little bit of time to recreate some of these issues and build fixes. Rest assured though – we are fully committed to making Just Cause 3 as awesome as possible. We already know loads of people are having a blast with the game but we’ll do all we can to make sure everyone is laughing and smiling as they play.

I hope they don't mess with the physics. You can get some pretty funny stuff to happen with the grappling hook.

I was messing around and hooked two vehicles together that were being driven by NPCs. I was on top of one of them.

I reeled them together and once they touched both vehicles started to rise into the air and then both exploded and sent me flying. :p

would be nice if the physics took apart the npc's limb by limb as it does the destructive items in the game. I attached a hook from a tree on the left side to an npc's head and another tree on the right side to that same npc's head. Nothing happens when you reel it in. Lame :(

Read the title as "Patchworks", made me chuckle... ;)

would be nice if the physics took apart the npc's limb by limb as it does the destructive items in the game. I attached a hook from a tree on the left side to an npc's head and another tree on the right side to that same npc's head. Nothing happens when you reel it in. Lame :(

I was actually think of something similar but by attaching to different arms or whatever. Too bad it doesn't work.

It's kinda sad to see them regress like this seeing as how JC2 was one of those few games that had nearly perfect scaling and 100% compatibility with every niche tech like multi-GPU, Eyefinity/Surround, NV 3D Vision, etc.

y u do dis avalanche

Jesus christ.. The state of the comment section on Steam is fucking dire lol.

That shits fucking sad. After the debacle that is Arkham Knight for PC I can't believe any developer would release a PC port that's so shitty it lacks SLI and Crossfire support. This is especially offensive given how bad these ports often run. We need the second card sometimes just to get the 60FPS minimum we desire.

Is this game even any good? I haven't played anything from this series.

15 hours in and I'm loving it. It's like a modern Red Faction Guerrilla set on a tropical island but with way more freedom of movement.

I played JC2 for about 5 hours but got bored fairly quick. JC3 hits the right spots for me. It may be repetitive, but the emergent and dynamic gameplay doesn't get old. It's one big destructive playground and they give you all the right tools to make it go boom.

As for bugs, the only ones I have encountered is the "Lost connection" which has apparently been fixed and flickering surfaces with Global Illumination turned on.

I don't use SLI or Crossfire so that issue is a moot point in my case.

I have only played for about an hour. So far I have found that the pointer on the map screen does not register where I click. I have to click around the object until it randomly hits what I want. The other thing is I have been in a car driving and then all of a sudden it is like I hit my parachute (even though I did not) and I come flying out of the car but my parachute does not deploy and the car disappears as soon as it is out of the field of view.
Other than that, it looks like it is going to be fun. Don't know yet if it is going to be as good as JC2 yet. Time will tell.
The other thing I would like to add, who in the hell set up the default buttons for the keyboard. Yeah, I always customize to my board and multitude of mouse buttons, but I feel that some of the assignments were just placed on the first available key and they never tried to play the game with them. Not a glitch but just an observation.

That shits fucking sad. After the debacle that is Arkham Knight for PC I can't believe any developer would release a PC port that's so shitty it lacks SLI and Crossfire support. This is especially offensive given how bad these ports often run. We need the second card sometimes just to get the 60FPS minimum we desire.

Is this game even any good? I haven't played anything from this series.

Maybe GameWorks isn't broken. Might be that the studios most likely to use it are also the most incompetent. Thus they are just looking for an easy path towards developing games. That would explain why all these NVidia sanctioned titles are so broken or feature deficient at launch.

As far as this game goes I paid $27 for it from CDKeys. I would say that's all I would have paid for it. If I had spent $60 on it I would have refunded it. It's not a bad game and my performance is remarkably good so far. It's lacking 90% of the things that make a good game such as a decent story, caring about the characters, etc. You're liberating citizens, but there isn't a penalty for murdering them for example.

As far as being a physics playground and an open world sandbox, the game reaches beyond my expectations of what a good open world explosion sandbox is. The fun factor for that aspect of the game is off the charts. At some point you want to return to normalcy and play a game to completion and that's when it starts to seep in that this game isn't that good at just being a RPG game where you imagine that you're the main character. The dichotomy is that the game is still damn fun on it's own merits.

Honestly I could have just continued to play the JC2 multiplayer mod and been happy.

TB in his WTF video railed on the devs for the lack of multi-GPU. He also found a few bugs/issues but the lack of the mulri-GPU really chapped his hide. :p

It's like we've entered into a new era of shittyness with the game ports. Before in your typical crappy console port you would have lack of options, maybe one AA level or low res textures. I could deal with that in all honesty. At a high enough res I could make it work. I could even deal with the lack of SLI since before you didn't need it to hit 60FPS.

But for some strange reason all of a sudden we need SLI to hit decent performance targets. Whatever the hell is going on with these ports needs to be rectified. I don't know if it is GW, but it is then it needs to go.

I remember when Batman got tessellation. I ended up turning that shit off and just running with Physx because it just didn't add enough to the game that was worth sacrificing 30FPS with inexplicable frame rate drops usually at the worst times during game play. While having everything look pretty is nice if you can't maintain decent FPS then it's just not worth it.

Back