Just cause 2 Demo on March 4th!!

I know this is the pc thread, but I'm too lazy too check to see if there's one under consoles.

Amazingly enough, there isn't.

I played this demo on the ps3 and i gotta say the controls are awful, game breakingly awful.

On the PC, at least, with the KBM you can adjust mouse sensitivities and a bunch of other things. The PS3 still inexcuseably suffers from bad port-itis on occasion so who knows what's going on there?

I'd try it out on the PC if you get a chance. Try both KBM and if you have a 360 controller lying around, try that too and see what you think. :)

On the PC, at least, with the KBM you can adjust mouse sensitivities and a bunch of other things. The PS3 still inexcuseably suffers from bad port-itis on occasion so who knows what's going on there?

I'd try it out on the PC if you get a chance. Try both KBM and if you have a 360 controller lying around, try that too and see what you think. :)

I might give it a shot. I was hoping to play it on a console though. I have a 360 as well and a friend tried the demo there, said the same thing about the controls.

I must be blind, because i checked last night to see if this demo was on the North American PSN store, and i did not see it in the New PS3 Demos list?

Was it not released on the PSN store, i thought i read here someone saying they tried it on the PS3?

Played through 30 minute demo timer on the PC... not a bad game, it looks and feels a little like Red Faction on steroids. Bust stuff up, get more unlocks, bust more stuff up, do crazy aerobatics in the meanwhile and then bust up more stuff.

I must be blind, because i checked last night to see if this demo was on the North American PSN store, and i did not see it in the New PS3 Demos list?

Was it not released on the PSN store, i thought i read here someone saying they tried it on the PS3?

I had to use my EU account on the psn store.

This demo makes my 9800GTX cry more than it did on BC2. Everything max on 1920x1200 with 2xAA & 16XAF stays 24-27 frames constant. :(

This demo makes my 9800GTX cry more than it did on BC2. Everything max on 1920x1200 with 2xAA & 16XAF stays 24-27 frames constant. :(

You're definitely straining that card with those settings. Take the AF down to maybe 8 or 4 and turn off AA and I bet you'll get away with it well. :)

Was pretty for the 30 minutes I ran about. I went and found the one and only patch of water in the demo and the water looked great on an ATI card. Had volume, swell, foam. etc. etc.

how do you get to the water?...every time I get near some water the warning screen comes on telling me that the area is not accessible in the demo and I have 10 seconds to turn back...I've gone all over the map trying to find a good body of water...where did you find it?

You're definitely straining that card with those settings. Take the AF down to maybe 8 or 4 and turn off AA and I bet you'll get away with it well. :)

Went to 0xAA and 8X AF and no performance gain or loss. Still locked at 24-26 fps :eek:

I was having the same issues on my 260 as well, locked at 20 for quite a while, I closed all the way out and went back in and got a bit of an increase so some setting changes are not taking effect until restart.

I really do like this game, but the perfomance is abysmal. I get better framerates in Crysis and this game doesn't look nearly as good.

I was having the same issues on my 260 as well, locked at 20 for quite a while, I closed all the way out and went back in and got a bit of an increase so some setting changes are not taking effect until restart.

I really do like this game, but the perfomance is abysmal. I get better framerates in Crysis and this game doesn't look nearly as good.

try lowering some of the in-game graphical settings to Medium...there are a lot of settings to tweak...

where can i DL the demo for pc? also would the pc version and the xbox versions be pretty much teh same? i had the first one on pc and love the game but since then have gotten an xbox.

so far I've really enjoyed the demo, it's enough to sell me on the full version. It really seems like the sandbox genre done right -- it's something I can jump in, play for a half hour, and have the time of my life. Absolutely hilarious the different things you can do, I'm excited to get the full version so I can skip through the awful voice acting of that african-sounding woman in the beginning.

Performance on my rig is pretty damn good, and graphically I find this quite impressive as well. yeah it may not be crysis, but crysis didn't have to render nearly as much land at once.

I cranked everything and applied 4x and I'm getting about 50 fps constantly which is great for a 4850x2. Very nice looking game. I'm strongly considering purchasing this.

I cranked everything and applied 4x and I'm getting about 50 fps constantly which is great for a 4850x2. Very nice looking game. I'm strongly considering purchasing this.
is any of your sig current because I hope you are not still using that opty with the 4850X2.

So I have been playing the demo of Just Cause 2 from Steam. It's pretty fun blowing things up and the island looks huge! So where is everyone planning to buy the PC from? I was originally thinking of getting the Amazon version but Steam has the acheivements but doesn't look like anything else?

I still need to tweak the settings though, plus the mouse keyboard is better than the joypad to me anyway...

So I have been playing the demo of Just Cause 2 from Steam. It's pretty fun blowing things up and the island looks huge! So where is everyone planning to buy the PC from? I was originally thinking of getting the Amazon version but Steam has the acheivements but doesn't look like anything else?

I still need to tweak the settings though, plus the mouse keyboard is better than the joypad to me anyway...

Its a Steamworks game so it doesn't matter where you buy it it'll be registered to Steam. Steam has it for $5 off at the moment so I might pre-order it there. Though Amazon has a good deal too.

Wow, this game is awesome. Major kudos to the devs for releasing such a great demo. The game is really, really fun. It's not perfect, but it definitely improves on the first one...even people who were turned off by the first game would probably enjoy JC2. This is a definite purchase for me.

Anyone else finding that the mouse feels very floaty even though mouse acceleration is turned off in options?

I highly recommend turning on triple buffering in your videocard's control panel. It seems to help framerate somewhat.

Great demo so far. So is Amazon the overall lowest price? $49.99 w/$15 GC?

I highly recommend turning on triple buffering in your videocard's control panel. It seems to help framerate somewhat.

Great demo so far. So is Amazon the overall lowest price? $49.99 w/$15 GC?

Steam has it for $45, but no gift card.

Finally found a non-STEAM mirror. Demo should be done in about 10 mins. Based on all the positive comments, I hope I'm not disappointed.

Game runs fantastic on my computer, everything maxed out, 4xAA, 16xAF, 1920x1200, no SSAO

Might grab this when its under $30.

To remove the area restriction (first comment details how. I haven't tested it):
http://www.incgamers.com/News/21301/how-to-extend-the-time-limit-in-the-just-cause-2-demo

All told, this has to be one of the most generous demos I've seen come out for a game in some time. It certainly tells me these guys are confident in their product and they should be. It's a fun sandbox game that fans of the genre will be pleased with. I know I am. :)

Is it perfect? Hell, no. But it hits most of if not all of the "right buttons" for me when I look into a GTA type of a game. :)

To be fair, i'll probably wait 'til the end of year steam christmas sale with this one. It's a fun little game, and i enjoy the demo a lot more than Far Cry 2, for example, but there's something that really irks me about this game, but i just can't put me finger on it.

I played through the demo a couple times over the weekend and I've got to say it's the most fun I've ever had with a GTA type game. There is just so much crazy shit you can do and the results are always hilarious. There's something special about launching an ATV off a cliff, popping your parachute half way down and raining grenade rounds all over a military base while a helicopter chases you with guns blazing... and that situation was setup completely accidentally.

This is a definite purchase.

I had more fun with the console version once I took some time to get adjusted to the controls. They still feel a little wacky though.

I did try the PC demo but hated it. I couldn't come up with good key mappings (some were locked, why is beyond me) and the mouse just didn't feel smooth. Also felt there was an FOV issue.

I might pick this up when it's cheaper.

I had more fun with the console version once I took some time to get adjusted to the controls. They still feel a little wacky though.

I did try the PC demo but hated it. I couldn't come up with good key mappings (some were locked, why is beyond me) and the mouse just didn't feel smooth. Also felt there was an FOV issue.

I might pick this up when it's cheaper.

Which console? If it was the 360, try your 360 controller on the PC version and you might end up with the "best of both worlds."

Which console? If it was the 360, try your 360 controller on the PC version and you might end up with the "best of both worlds."

PS3. I have a 360 as well, but meh. I wanted to play on my big screen.

i played the demo on pc and ps3. Graphics are so much better on pc I'm definitely getting it on steam.

Back