Just built new rig, first bootup BIOS temp reads 35C; too high for q6600 + TRUE...?

Alright, thanks. Just got back; changing it up now...

Edit: Shows up as dual now. Thanks again! Back to Overclocking!!!

Argh. I pumped the voltage to 1.44 to keep up for 3.4Ghz, and it booted fine but I got a BSOD in Prime95 on small testing. I hit restart, but the screen went blank. Now when I try turning it on, I don't get any boot again...

375 FSB, 1.44V on CPU, 9x Multiplier

Getting 59-62C on the cores. Thoughts? I can't go any lower on the voltage, I get a worker crash.

Drop the multi and work the FSB up more?
There is no specific toggle for the divider on this board. I was reading on another forum about how everything had to be set manually, like the FSB Strap to NB and then the DRAM frequency could be set in relation to it??? I have no idea what it was talking about so I am just leaving it on auto.

UGH, I switched the multiplier down to 8 but it wasn't being recognized, so I thought updating the BIOS would fix it. the bios was updated, but now I get a failure to boot! Am I screwed?

Oh man, jumper saved it. Booted up and the BIOS is indeed updated. But, now it's not reading all my ram. Installed Size: 4096MB; Usable Size: 3328MB????

edit: CPU-Z and Vista recognizing 4GB of ram though....

There is a memory remap feature, or something like that, that you have to enable. You can try using a lower multi and try hitting 3.6 (8 x 450 instead of 9 x 400) that way but you seemed to be going fine using the 9X multi so I would just stick with that.

There is a memory remap feature, or something like that, that you have to enable. You can try using a lower multi and try hitting 3.6 (8 x 450 instead of 9 x 400) that way but you seemed to be going fine using the 9X multi so I would just stick with that.

Blarg, I can't find that remapping setting in BIOS. Also, since windows is showing 4GB, doesn't it not matter what the BIOS says?

edit: Hmm, wtf? Restart shows it at 4096 in BIOS now.

Figured out how to set the FSB: DRAM; it was the FSB strap to north bridge setting, which allowed me to clock my DRAM Frequency accordingly.
Running 333 FSB: NB; 741 DRAM (So, also 370?) frequency now with 370 on my FSB.

CPU-Z says FSB: DRAM is 1:1 and DRAM Frequency is at 370.0Mhz.
Temps @ 57-61C on small in p95

Voltage at previously posted settings were one step above 1.425 (I forget atm), and worker 3 kept crashing on it. Will sleep for now...

I think I'm going to leave it at 3.3Ghz for now. temps hitting 58-61C after 5 hours of benching under small.

I just ran 3dmark and my score improved by 500 points (meh), but what is weird is that before each test loaded, I now hear a high pitch kind of sound I think from my GPU. I remember hearing this sound on my old computer, noticibly when I scroll in windows or under high load. I didn't notice this sound when I first tested 3dmark on my non-OC'ed rig p a few days ago... ????

So, I grabbed some zip-ties and reseated my TRUE's fans right now, and either I messed up the temp sensors in the process, but core temp is only reading 50-56 on small test w/ 370 FSB....

Ugh. It's been working fine the past few days at 3.4 Ghz, and now I get a failure to boot just turning it on right now... what's the deal?

Edit: Got it back up by unplugging PSU for a little bit. Should I just scale back my OC'ing?

It's at 377 FSB, 333FSB strap to NB, DRAM Freq at 755Mhz, CPU Voltage at 1.4625....

Back