just built my new system.. sound issue

doox00

2[H]4U
I just built my new system with vista 64. I have an x-fi xtrememusic sound card. I installed the drivers from creatives site but now all I hear is just screaching/loud/annoying sound from the speakers at all times.. any ideas?

I did a clean install of vista, installed all the updates, chipset drivers, nvidia drivers etc.

any ideas?

I was just using this card on my old amd x2 system before I rebuilt it and installed vista (first time using vista).

thanks

The X-fi (or it's drivers) seem to have issue with the combination of Vista x64 and 4GB of memory.

Creative has acknowledged a problem with systems using 4GB or more of memory with the X-fi series. They say "wait for our next driver release". Given Creative's track record, that may be quite a while. There are a lot of people complaining about this problem. Go read the Creative Vista support forum for some light entertainment. Make sure you have disabled your on board sound chip in your BIOS. If you want to test if the 4GB is what is contributing to your problem, remove a gig or 2 from your machine and see if the problem stops. I've read about some people having luck with some hacked drivers called "Youp-Pax". Google returns hits for it.

yeah, I did a google search and found out on another forum the 2.13 drivers work, just installed them and its working fine. the latest (2.15) give you the problem with 4gb+ ram apparantly.

Back