USMC2Hard4U
Supreme [H]ardness
- Joined
- Apr 4, 2003
- Messages
- 6,157
Aunt was rocking a sweet Single Core Semperon, Some Via Chipset Mobo, and 512MB of Ram and XP with some awesome viruses hanging around.
So I built her a new computer from Microcenter for $304! Never have I ever built such a budget PC.
Athlon II X2 250 (3.0Ghz). Wanted the Phenom II X2 555 but they were sold out.
MSI 785GM-P45 Mobo
2GB Crucial DDR3 1333 (2x1GB) Cas 9-9-9
500GB WD Black SATA 3Gbps/7200rpm/32MB Cache
LG DVD RW Drive
Coolermaster Case w/ 420Watt PSU
Extra 92mm Fan for intake
Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard
Overall I am pretty satisfied with the build. The MSI Mobo cost me only 20$ as it was a special bundle with the Athlon II X2 250 CPU ($60).
w00t!
So I built her a new computer from Microcenter for $304! Never have I ever built such a budget PC.
Athlon II X2 250 (3.0Ghz). Wanted the Phenom II X2 555 but they were sold out.
MSI 785GM-P45 Mobo
2GB Crucial DDR3 1333 (2x1GB) Cas 9-9-9
500GB WD Black SATA 3Gbps/7200rpm/32MB Cache
LG DVD RW Drive
Coolermaster Case w/ 420Watt PSU
Extra 92mm Fan for intake
Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard
Overall I am pretty satisfied with the build. The MSI Mobo cost me only 20$ as it was a special bundle with the Athlon II X2 250 CPU ($60).
w00t!