Just Bought

It's been rated as one of the best home grade units...very fast throughput.
The TrendNet is virtually the same hardware under the hood...pretty much identicle performance, same chipset, etc.

Ahaha, shoulda gotten the TrendNET one, it was cheaper and I could've bought some blank CDs while I was at it. :( Oh Well.

Very nice router, I have the same one....

I will tell you this, it's onsale @ Best Buy for $119 right now and you can use the 10 or 12 percent off coupon on it.

I have configuration problems with DIR-655 using it for a PC with 2 NICs connected to 1 internal and 1 external network. Could anyone haveing DIR-655 help me out?
Please see my post this morning.

Thanks a lot!

I certainly hope so. That last linksys combo that I had blew, just a complete dud. I've also made a set of parabolic dishes for the antennas in case I need some more range which I doubt. I think I'm going to mount them with foam core on the router antennas to get the focal point just at the right spot. Though, I doubt I'll need the extra range, it still looks cool.

Received it today and set it up. Very very fast, much better than the other Linksys POS. The wireless card is eh but then again, the linksys one had an antenna that had an extension so I could put it on the top of my desktop. Maybe eventually I'll get something like that but for what I paid, it's great. Couldn't be happier.

Here's the speedtest

246438531.png

Back