Just bought Asus VW246H Monitor

dllfiles12

[H]ard|Gawd
Will I be disappointed? Bought it on the bay for 170 shipped. All Ive read is great reviews about this monitor so I hope its awesome. I was hoping for 1920x1200 but 1920x1080 will have to do.

Do any of you guys have any input on this monitor?

Built a PC for a buddy with the 22" variant. It's deceivingly large even at 22", looks more like a 24", something about the bezel that makes it grow. Panel he received was tip top, no dead pixels, hardly any backlight bleed, and great color (for a TN). That's all I can tell you about it.

Isn't that the glossy version correct? so far i've seen many reviews and Asus are one of the best price / performance monitors to date.

I think I'm going to be picking up a couple 24" Asus monitors fairly soon. I've heard nothing but good things about them. Let us know what you think for sure.

I think this is the LCD I am going to end up getting 3 of for eyefinity... still shopping around a little though.

Has anyone new info on this? I think I'm heading over to CompUSA today to pick this one up. Gonna test it out on my Xbox 360 using the HDMI. I'll let you guys know how it goes. I'm doing the brick and mortar store thing because it'll be an easier return. I've decided I'm just gonna have to try a few different displays until I find one I like.

I bought the Asus VK246H back in Dec 2008. It is the same as the VW246H monitor, but with a built-in webcam.

I use it sporatically. Overall, I am content with it despite the two "blue-ish" spots at the bottom of the screen. It handles games pretty well with little ghosting and input lag of about 2ms. It does a decent as a media monitor as well.

The following is a detailed review of my VK246H from a year ago if anyone is interested:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/54250-3-asus-vk246h-review-final-update

How is the backlight bleed and black levels? Its standard gamut correct?

compusa didn't have it. I ended up getting the Acer H243Hbmid. So far it's great. Xbox 360 has no ghosting, or input lag. When I move the joystick the game moves instantly. Could it be different when I hook up my PC to it using HDMI?

Not sure how close they are in terms of quality or parts, but my Asus VH236H is AWESOME for gaming and movies, although its desktop performance, IMO, can be a bit lacking...you can read my full review of it here: http://www.livingwithanerd.com/asus-vh236h-review/
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

How is the backlight bleed and black levels? Its standard gamut correct?

1. Wide color gamut.

2. Backlight bleeding varies from monitor to monitor of the same model, there is some backlight bleeding on mine, but not enough to justify sending it back. I would say typical for any TN panel monitor.

3. Black levels are good for a TN panel monitor. But not as good as black levels on a *VA or IPS panel.

To put things in perspective, if my NEC LCD2690WUXi and Planar PX2611w had similar backlight bleeding and black level issues as my Asus VK246H, I would have returned them. Then again I paid $1,200+ and $800 for those monitors; respectively.

I just bought this off of newegg. I am suppose to get it thursday (Jan 7) I am excited my first LCD still using a flat screen CRT..

Ahh, Wide Gamut... not for me then.

Thanks. Guess I'm just going to have to save up some more for a 24"+ *VA.

I also have the VK246H as an earlier post was saying... Great LCD for the value. I have had zero issues with it. I was thinking about getting two more (without the built in cams) for a future eyefinity setup.

Just hooked mine up. It looks a little better than my crt. Also I didn't realize how big 24" monitors are I mean DAMN!!!

So far I love it.

I almost went with 26, but I think that would of been too big.

Thinking about getting one of these. Does the stand that comes with it allow it to rotate 90 degrees?

bumpin' this one back up. i'm interested in hearing how you guys like this monitor now that it's been a few months. i'm still looking to snag one of these soon. pics would be awesome.

Back