Just bought a new laptop...what do y'all think?

m3ta1head

So I have been scouring the internet for sub $500 laptops the last few weeks. I finally decided to go for a used machine, and checked out what ebay had to offer. I had it between a few machines, mainly a HP 6910p and Dell E6400. I ended up, however, with this machine:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320490475030&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

A 2009 Lenovo SL400 for $475 shipped. Specs:

C2D T8100 2.1ghz 3M cache
2GB PC2-5300
Nvidia 9300M GS 256mb
14.1" 1440x900 LED backlit

What do you guys reckon? Pretty good score? This was completely an impulse purchase...hoping it will end up being a decent computer. I would have liked a more robust T400/R400, but those just weren't available in my budget...

I'm going to throw in a WD 320gb Black, another 2gb of ram, and possibly a T9550 (2.66ghz 6M cache) down the line.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Swedish deal! I never have luck like that with ebay

I had been checking every day for several weeks before coming across this auction...with a little patience, you can definitely score some awesome shit on the bay. Bid sniping FTW :D

Several weeks, there's the key. I am not in one place enough to check the net regularly. You don't use one of those sniping programs do you? They always screw me!

Several weeks, there's the key. I am not in one place enough to check the net regularly. You don't use one of those sniping programs do you? They always screw me!

I wouldn't trust anything like that...I have a smartphone which makes mobile browsing ebay a snap, wherever I may be. I purchased this laptop on my phone...:)

Back