Just bought a Gigabyte X800XT Retail for $489 @ the egg.

Impact9

[H]ard|Gawd
VERY Happy the prices are coming down to the working man levels. I checked a few places online and this looks like a fairly good deal considering competative cards are $100+ more. Hope it gets here before HL2 releases. ;)

Impact9 said:
VERY Happy the prices are coming down to the working man levels. I checked a few places online and this looks like a fairly good deal considering competative cards are $100+ more. Hope it gets here before HL2 releases. ;)

$490 isn't what id call working man price level :rolleyes: but gj nonetheless..let us know if you manage to flash it ^^

Deals are out there. I got a X800 Pro Vivo from CompUSA for $320... flashed right to XT speeds and pipes. Speaking of HL2, the X800 is to replace the 9800 pro I bought a year and a month ago to play that game. I well, I learned my lesson... I don't buy cards for games that arn't released yet. I'll use this to play FarCry with the settings up. ;)

vthondaboi said:
you got jipped, PE at best buy for $500

:D

well yeah but too bad that one just cant walse into his/her local BB store and buy an XT PE right off the shelf.

that being that, I guess he didnt get jipped after all, now did he?

Considering that I am stationed overseas, I can't go to placed like Best Buy or Fry's. :( Outpost always wants to shaft me on shipping as do most places. Even though I have a US post office box. :confused: It might not be the best deal though and I didn't want to chance getting a 800 Pro that can't flash to XT speeds. Newegg has pretty much been my soul source for equipment. Shipping has been good and faster than most places. I would love the hear about other comparable online stores.

Impact9 said:

I got my xtasy x800xt last week from xtasy's website...$484 shipped.

I did all the base testing against the ATi tool and got max clock of 536 and max mem of 576 w/o artifacts. I think this could have been sold as an XT PE, so I dont feel any less for buying the XT version.

...now to volt mod and cool it...

vthondaboi said:
you got jipped, PE at best buy for $500

:D

Not in stock for the next month...and has been out of stock the last month as well.

Why do you think I settled for an XT and not a PE?

BBA said:
Not in stock for the next month...and has been out of stock the last month as well.

Why do you think I settled for an XT and not a PE?

I used my Best Buy hookup last night ( senior management ) to scour the entire country looking for XTs/XT-PEs. Out of all the stores in all the districts there was one XT-PE in a store in Maine. Since we had no way of knowing if it was brand new sitting on the shelf or open box/defective waiting to be sent back I declined the offer to get it shipped to me.
My Antec power supply blew up and took my softmodded XT with it a week ago. It's been extremely frustrating to have the money to replace it but not being able to find another card. I may buy that Gigabyte card from newegg today. Does anyone have the Gigabyte XT here that can recommend it?

I just bought the Gigabyte X800 XT yesterday, can't wait for it to get here

I like my gigabye x800 xt pe, but I paid alot more than you guys ;) (Although I really don't care as it is an absolute dream of a card!)

I am water cooling it tues though, because I'll be damned if it doesn't get EXTREMELY hot... and I bought some BGA ramsinks too, because running fullscreen rthdribl @ 1600x1200 got the ram so hot it literally burned my finger... something I'm not overly happy about....

But oh well, they are one heckuva card!

enigmatik one said:
I used my Best Buy hookup last night ( senior management ) to scour the entire country looking for XTs/XT-PEs. Out of all the stores in all the districts there was one XT-PE in a store in Maine. Since we had no way of knowing if it was brand new sitting on the shelf or open box/defective waiting to be sent back I declined the offer to get it shipped to me.
My Antec power supply blew up and took my softmodded XT with it a week ago. It's been extremely frustrating to have the money to replace it but not being able to find another card. I may buy that Gigabyte card from newegg today. Does anyone have the Gigabyte XT here that can recommend it?

In my honest opinion you should try to find a 6800 Ultra and buy that instead. They are a bit easier to come by and have almost as good performance in D3D. They have a slight shimmering problem right now but I'm pretty sure nVidia will resolve it. If I hadn't gotten lucky with finding an XT PE using the BB trick, I'd have opted for a 6800 U. One other option is that you can wait a few months by using your previous graphics card and get a PCI-e NV45 + nforce 4 motherboard, that way you have SLI potential.

nweibley said:
I like my gigabye x800 xt pe, but I paid alot more than you guys ;) (Although I really don't care as it is an absolute dream of a card!)

I am water cooling it tues though, because I'll be damned if it doesn't get EXTREMELY hot... and I bought some BGA ramsinks too, because running fullscreen rthdribl @ 1600x1200 got the ram so hot it literally burned my finger... something I'm not overly happy about....

But oh well, they are one heckuva card!

What water setup did you go for? I'm wating on my parts to hopefully arrive at the end of this up coming week so I can get started on my cooling as well. I've got the following:

Danger Den RBX block w/copper top (RMA'ing it for TDX)
Aquacomputers modded to 1/2" aquatube (silver) with jet + blue led
BIX2 dual 120mm radiator & aquacomputers evo 240 grill
D4 Pump
Maze 4 GPU block

MFZ said:
In my honest opinion you should try to find a 6800 Ultra and buy that instead. They are a bit easier to come by and have almost as good performance in D3D. They have a slight shimmering problem right now but I'm pretty sure nVidia will resolve it. If I hadn't gotten lucky with finding an XT PE using the BB trick, I'd have opted for a 6800 U. One other option is that you can wait a few months by using your previous graphics card and get a PCI-e NV45 + nforce 4 motherboard, that way you have SLI potential.

I like Nvidia, but this time around I personally thought that there are three resons why I didn't get the Ultra, 1.) The power consumption on that thing is just amazing, 2.) The fact that is takes up two PCI slots and the card cooling is huge a noisy, 3.) The fact that there around the same price or even more as the ATI card. That is why I stuck to ATI this time around. Those are my opinions about the Ultra's and there are other things about them that even you mentioned but I not going to sound like I'm bashing Nvidia cause I'm not. One thing for sure that I know is ATI better get ready for the next round cause Nvidia really cleaned up there act.

MFZ said:

I just picked up a BFG GeForce 6800 GT OC at Fry's for $350.
It's pretty damned fast for the money. I'm going to overclock it and see how close I can get to Ultra speeds. I noticed shimmering on my Radeon as well ( mostly in Planetside with AA/AF enabled). That kind of thing really doesn't bother me too much.
My XT's 2D quality was a little better than this GeForce's, but not $150 better.
I RMA'ed my XT yesterday. We'll see what ATi has to say. If they decline to fix it I'll just pick up another XT-PE when they become plentiful.

enigmatik u got both the ULTRA and XT? were they running on similiar systems? what games do u play? honestly, which card is better? im planning on upgrading soon, but my MAIN game will be Halflife2 and CS;S.

bizzy420 said:
enigmatik u got both the ULTRA and XT? were they running on similiar systems? what games do u play? honestly, which card is better? im planning on upgrading soon, but my MAIN game will be Halflife2 and CS;S.

I have been running a 6800GT overclocked at 415/1115 and it's fine, but if you are not planning on playing Doom3 get the X800XT, I got mine for $479.00 its the Gigabyte X800XT.

:p :D :)

Back