• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Just bought a GeCube 9550XT Extreme Edition

jmattick

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 9, 2004
Messages
334
For the longest amount of time, I have had a ATI Radeon 7000 in my computer. Well, that was until I upgrade dout of my old 600mhz, and decided I needed a new video card. Well, my eye landed upon the GeCube 9550XT Extreme Edition @ Newegg and, I ordered it, since I thought it was the best I could do for under $100.

Now, I have a few questions about the card.
- How overclockable is it? I have looked around the internet, and haven't found many reviews of the card, so I was hoping maybe someone could help out there, to giv eme some idea of it's limits.

- How well will it handle the following games in a Celeron 2.2ghz with 512MB of ram: Halo, Unreal Tournament 2k4, NFS: Underground, and Americas Army...

Thanks in advance.
 
Dude! Cancel the order...for only $10 more you can get a 9600 pro...which is almost twice as fast and a helluva lot better card...that card's just not worth it.
 
i dont think 9550xt performs well.. probably better to get 9800se 256bit (probably similar speed or bit faster) but will be much faster if u can mod to 9800pro.
 
Can anyone tell me how it can handle the games or it's overclockability?
 
Well, I have the card now... Came stock with core 400/mem 300. I have since got that oc'd to 498 core/ 368 mem, without any artifacting, and it's running with the stock cooling still, and the card is barely getting warm....

But, I have a few questions...

1. The computer lists the video card as a 9600 series card (Omega Drivers, latest revision). Shouldn't it be listed as a 9550XT?

2. ATITool says the card has a temp chip onboard. But, yet, I can't see the temp or anything... Any other utilities I can use to see?

TIA.
 
Back
Top