• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

just bad luck

schapman

Gawd
Joined
Oct 23, 2003
Messages
721
so my buddy goes out part shopping and gets
ABti nf7-s
2500+ (barton)
and one of these KINGSTON HYPERX 512MB DUAL CHANNEL KIT PC3700 2X256MB DDR 466MHZ (for like 130CAD.. good deal)

we hook it all up.. set the pc to run at 3200+ off the bat.. which works. Now.. this ram is supposed to be 3-4-4-8 at 466 accordign to the specs where he bought.. but if we drop below 3-3-3-7, no POST. I figured we'd get better timings out of it running 66MHz below what its rated at.. so is it bad luck? *note* we couldnt even get 2.5-3-3-7, and didnt touch the voltages at all
 
Increase mem voltages to max. If that doesnt work, crank the TRAS to like 11. You will actually see a performance increase on NF2 boards at high TRAS and low other stuff, plus gain a lot of stability.
 
Yeah, I wanna know where I can pick up ram like that for that cheap :D
 
EDIT-its 188 on the site, found it

I use vibe. I live in toronto, tho I never new ncix was having a open house sale thingey. thaks
 
kinston ram rated at 3-4-4-8 runs just what it says
the controller chips on the ram are only rated at cas 3-4-4-8
 
Originally posted by killernoodle
Increase mem voltages to max. If that doesnt work, crank the TRAS to like 11. You will actually see a performance increase on NF2 boards at high TRAS and low other stuff, plus gain a lot of stability.

Explain? I'm considering trying that, as I'm pretty sure my memory is holding back my cpu overclock but I'm not 100% My memory can do 200mhz at 8-4-4-3, if I bump that 8 up to 11 and up the voltage, you're saying that I'll be able to run the memory at a higher frequency without taking much of a performance hit?
 
Back
Top