• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Just a little advice please...

lowside67

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 26, 2004
Messages
369
Hey guys.

I am going to be getting my hands on a new set of Z5500s soon and I need a 5.1 card as I have the shitty onboard sound on my asus board.

Budget is a serious constraint, preferably nothing over $100cdn or that ballpark.

I'm looking at either:

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=10438&vpn=SB0162&manufacture=Creative Labs

or

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=12991&vpn=SB0400&manufacture=Creative Labs

What are your thoughts on the subject?

I'm assuming I'll be using the digital-out for best sound?

Cheers
Mark
 
If you are a gamer, then try to see if you can swing an Audigy 2 ZS.

If you are not a gamer, I think the Revolution 7.1 is the way to go.

Not sure where these price in CDN, but the ZS runs around $80 US
 
lowside67 said:
Not much of a gamer really, just all about the music.

That certainly explains why you chose those speakers then.... err not. :p
 
price to quality really.

i listened to these and the klipsch 4.1s back to back, and preferred these - plus cant beat the volume!

but back to the sound card, what about a plain jane audigy 5.1 with digital out for like $50... will that work?
 
Back
Top