Just a couple of questions

illuminate

[H]ard|Gawd
okay. First, i did the 2 month, or w/e linux test. I ended up using it for 4 months->until school started.

The reason i stopped is because i'm taking Visual Basic this year, and for my online classes I use a program called "gp4" created by "gatherworks" It's a live classroom program.

Anyways. I tried gp4 in WINE, but it doesn't work.

So, I'm thinking that i might be able to run a VM through Virtual box for Visual Basic 2008, and Gp4. But, i need USB, headphone and microphone to work (i listen to the teacher, and then sometimes I'm called on during class to talk).

I love Linux, but because of the classes i had to stop using it.

Also, dual booting isnt an option. I have to work on the HW for the classes during the week, and restarting irritates me.

So, would USB,, Mic, and audio work in a Xp x32 VM? and seeing that i have 4gb of ram running the VM wouldnt be the issue.

Thoughts?

It should all work as I have those devices working in VMWare WS6. I'd assume they work just as well in Virtualbox 2.x, but have not tried it yet.

alright, sweet. I recalled from my previous linux using that the Vbox in the repo didnt support USB. Thanks Guys.

Back