Jurassic World Evolution

Anyone play this yet?

Dino Park Tycoon was basically my favorite game during my childhood...

Anyone play this yet?

Dino Park Tycoon was basically my favorite game during my childhood...
The game doesn't release until June 12th so I'm guessing pretty much no one has played it yet.

I used to go to the encyclopedia and looks up Dinosaurs all the time I never really played a good Dino game except for maybe the original Rage or Cadillacs and Dinosaurs or killing Dinos in Dark Age of Camelot. I think I owned Turok at one time who was a Dinosaur Hunter I know I have the original Comic laying around yet by Bart Sears.

I'm hoping it actually turns out to be a good game like it seems.

I hope being a Jurassic Park branded game doesn't impact too many developer decisions either.

For example: mod support, dlc decisions, long term support.

I think they would do great if a DLC had normal zoo animals. I'd love to relive the Zoo Tycoon days with a few dinos mixed in. (Or have people add zoo animals through mods)

Yeah it looks really good I like the top down view of the cages ect.... and you have people of all things or visitors.

53K people playing this right now the price 54.00 is just too steep I used to work at Mcdonalds when the 1st film hit I had all the Jurassic cups. Looking at these cups I think I was missing a few now maybe.

il_fullxfull.288989515.jpg

Picked it up yesterday, looking forward to downloading it! I'm a sucker and got the deluxe edition for the extra $5

It must be a ton of kids playing the game just out of school or the Ark crowd or streamers 53K is alot of people taking a risk on it.

53K people playing this right now the price 54.00 is just too steep I used to work at Mcdonalds when the 1st film hit I had all the Jurassic cups. Looking at these cups I think I was missing a few now maybe.

View attachment 80771

I lol'd xD

Yea unless this thread blows up with omg's and buy buy buy's I'm gonna maybe hold out until $30 ish?

First impressions are it is a very well polished game with an intuitive interface that makes the complex more simple.

Graphics, models, and animations are high in quality.

Don't expect any roller coasters though. This game is all about the dinos and their management.

It runs well under spec. Low-medium setrings at 1080p on just a GT 1030 (using a gamepad).

Playable on my Ryzen 2500u laptop at 720p lowest settings. Would fare better on a desktop cpu that can clock higher.

Basically people are sick of the same game modes over and over again First Person shooters and Action games usually dominate.
Jurassic Evolution hit the high mark of 60K I suspect it will go down from here unless it's 50% off on Steam Next week.

I believe its main negative is it simply isn't a simulator like PC gamers are used to. It doesn't have as much depth.

It tries to be a dino simulator with park sim features added in.

So while it doesn't appeal as strongly to simulator buffs, I believe it does have a higher mainstream appeal that games like cities skylines would struggle with.

I've only played 3 hours though so I'll update my opinions!

If every major DLC focuses on adding gameplay mechanics, it will be a good game. (For the majority, it would be worth it to wait and see)

Wife is very interested in it as she loves all things dinosaurs and was a big fan of the Tycoon series. Maybe she would get some enjoyable time out this one.

Map sizes are very small.
Guest Ai is terrible.
Dino AI is extremely basic.
Buildings are limited.
The reaction staff is more like mobile game busy work.
The campaign feels like a tutorial.
Mechanics and content are very limited.

The game looks good....But gameplay doesnt offer up much at all. Honestly, it feels like a good looking mobile game....it feels early access.

Honestly, I wish I paid attention to my play time because I would have refunded this.

Map sizes are very small.
Guest Ai is terrible.
Dino AI is extremely basic.
Buildings are limited.
The reaction staff is more like mobile game busy work.
The campaign feels like a tutorial.
Mechanics and content are very limited.

The game looks good....But gameplay doesnt offer up much at all. Honestly, it feels like a good looking mobile game....it feels early access.

Honestly, I wish I paid attention to my play time because I would have refunded this.
Funny thing is the lady loves this game for half the reasons you mentioned. I swear she's playing some new mobile game every week.

Go figure, haha. I agree, its not a very [H]ard game.

I purpose built her a budget 2200G PC for this game in secret hopes of opening up her eyes a bit :joyful: (she's a huge JP fan)

The animation looks real and that T-Rex Vs Spinosaurus fight was epic. Can't wait to buy this game it really looks amazing.

I don't think it's worth the $60 price tag, the management part is pretty shallow...don't they already make Planet Coaster, which is a far more superior management game anyway.

It is two games in one, check the article link below. Once you finish the game you can play in sandbox mode with unlimited cash and resources.

This is where Jurassic Park Evolution goes from being a surprisingly well made licensed game to a genuine treasure of a park builder. If you want to feel the Zoo Tycoon rush of building a huge pen of carnivorous beasts only to unleash them on your unsuspecting guests, you can do that. The game not only allows for it, the sandbox mode encourages fun without the risk of penalty!

https://www.polygon.com/2018/6/19/17476666/jurassic-world-evolution-sandbox-unlimited-mode-missions

I don't think it's worth the $60 price tag, the management part is pretty shallow...don't they already make Planet Coaster, which is a far more superior management game anyway.
Planet Coaster is 1000x the game this is.
The animation looks real and that T-Rex Vs Spinosaurus fight was epic. Can't wait to buy this game it really looks amazing.
Until you realize they recycle the same animation over and over....and thats about the extent of the dino interation.
Add in stuff like every single time it rains, the raptors will smash down any fence...not climb like in previous games, smash down any wall. The mechanics are so shallow its insulting.

I wish this game had depth. I love Jurassic Park, but this feels like an early access free to play mobile game.

Planet Coaster is 1000x the game this is.

Until you realize they recycle the same animation over and over....and thats about the extent of the dino interation.
Add in stuff like every single time it rains, the raptors will smash down any fence...not climb like in previous games, smash down any wall. The mechanics are so shallow its insulting.

I wish this game had depth. I love Jurassic Park, but this feels like an early access free to play mobile game.
Game is recently released and there must be many bugs around but I am expecting repairs soom. Patches might help fix these minor issues.

I have 15 hours in the game so far, I really like it. Totally honest review:

It could be better. Dinosaurs are beautifully detailed and the sound design is fantastic.
Dino battles are not perfectly animated. Overall the animations are not great but are sufficient.
It is repetitive: build / send expedition teams to get fossils, extract DNA from fossils, once you hit viable level you try to incubate.
Taking care of guests is annoying sometimes. You can only sell one item at each store which is weird.

Building the park is fun though, and I do enjoy making pens and trying various mixes of dinos in each pen. The ability to scale from birds eye to first person view is really fun. Taking control of ranger vehicles / helicopters is also really cool.

At $60 its way over priced until they add more depth and fix some things. It's a solid $30 game.

Game is recently released and there must be many bugs around but I am expecting repairs soom. Patches might help fix these minor issues.
I dont see it as broken stuff, but total lack of content.

I've been playing it off and on. I like it. Yeah, it's not the most in depth game. But, it's a good time waster. I do wish we could turn off the release video after the first time. But, it's easy enough to get out of it.

Played for an hour and a half and decided to go for the refund. The game to me is just click here, click there, do this, do that, research this, click fossil, connect path. Blah.

I also found Jeff Goldblum and Chris Pratt super annoying, really everyone that talks to you.

I am a big JP fan, my kids love the stuff....But wow, the new movie is hot garbage.
The couldn't possibly make a movie worse than JP 2 i thought....Boy, was I ever wrong.

Reactions: w35t
like this
I am a big JP fan, my kids love the stuff....But wow, the new movie is hot garbage.
The couldn't possibly make a movie worse than JP 2 i thought....Boy, was I ever wrong.
JW Lost Kingdom was not as expected, they just mixed jurassi park 1+2 and came with with Fallen Kingdom concept. Well we can expect mechanical dino's in next few installments.

Back