Jumpers on HDD -> which position?

The Saint

Gawd
Joined
Mar 18, 2003
Messages
1,000
Good morning guys!

I'm about to connect the HDDs in my box:
1 SATA 3Gb
2 PATA

I was wondering on which positions should the jumper be on the two PATA HDD? Should I leave one on Primary and the other one on Secondary?

The SATA HDD will be the Primary HDD, and the other ones just for backups and data....

:)

Thanks

Emanuele
 
The jumpers on the PATA drives are only relative to those on the same physical cable. Therefore, the jumpers should be set as one to master and one to slave if you have two PATA drives on the same cable. If they are each on different cables, they should both be set in the Master or Single Drive position.
 
Thank you very much for the explanation UICompE02!

Really appreciate your help...!

:)
 
Back
Top