jumped on the core i7! any good ddr3 deals?

shaden79

n00b
i just used ebay cash back to get an i7-920 and p6t deluxe for about 200 and 230 after rebates. i had planned on waiting for prices to drop a little but these ebay sales, well technically cash back rebates, are simply amazing. i just got 35% and 25% off too items that aren't even supposed to be out for another 2 days. now i just need to grab some DDR3 ram and i can finally kiss my P4 good bye. i wont be building until thanksgiving but if any one still cares at that point in time i will be happy to share my experiences in skipping dual core processors all together.

on a slightly separate note does anyone know of anyplace selling 6 GB sets of ddr3 1600 on ebay or should i accept the fact that you cant get every thing 25% off on ebay and buy it from newegg instead.

thanks in advance,
Shaden79

Congrats.

I got my 920 today but didn't get it through eBay. I'm also planning on buying my 6GB DDR3 kit and motherboard on eBay (and the third item I'll use 30% off Live.com cash back will be the GPU). I wouldn't expect to see a lot of RAM kits crop up on eBay till the 17th. That should be a good day to do some shopping (assuming Cash Back comes back by then).

i never knew that it went away i just used it today as well as an additional 10% coupon from ebay

How did you go about these purchases with the cashback? I might possibly be interested as well.

first add an i7 920 to your watched items

you go to live search .com search some thing like ps3, xbox 360, cheap wii or some other key word that you think would be on ebay. then in the top with the adverts you should see something where it says live cash back 25%. after you click the link when your in ebay there should be a little banner that says live cash back 25%. then just go to your watched items and go buy the item in question. when your on the confirmation screen it should say how much cash back you are getting. if it doesn't you are doing something wrong and should try again. after you have bought the item don't forget to go to your ebay messages and claim the cash back. now you wait 60 days for Microsoft to send you a check.

rinse and repeat as needed though there is a limit for the maximum number of times you can do it per account.

oh and you have to use pay pal to pay for the item. but you can set up pay pal to pay through your credit card so that isn't that hard.

Shaden79

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
then in the top with the adverts you should see something where it says live cash back 25%. after you click the link when your in ebay there should be a little banner that says live cash back 25%.

I'm trying to follow your instructions but i'm not seeing this at all. Where exactly does it show up?

It's random, and in the middle of yesterday it stopped showing up. Apparently it's been on and off at random since first being offered. Perhaps the MS preferred way to find out that it's back is to use live search for everything and discover the return by accident instead of lurking on deal forums for "it's back" posts and trashing the reload button of trigger items instead. *DOH*

Awesome deal but god for bid something is wrong with what you buy. I always buy from ebay knowing I can never return an item had such horrible experiences doing returns with some vendors.

can't you just buy any DDR3 memory? why does it need to be a specific kit? You can buy 12gbs in 6 2gb chips for like 80 dollars more. (like 340s)

Good golly DDR3 is still expensive. Hard to swallow that cost JUST to run an i7. Oh how spoiled I've gotten with super cheap high-performance DDR2...

can't you just buy any DDR3 memory? why does it need to be a specific kit? You can buy 12gbs in 6 2gb chips for like 80 dollars more. (like 340s)
You need mems that can run on lower volts and maximum of 1.65V as that is "the limit" for the borderline of safe for the cpu inboard memcontroller.
This also at least for now limit to at best CL8 at 1600MHz when current "normal" DDR3 runs at CL7 on 1.8V+,

It should
a223c6b3710f85df22e9377d6c4f7553.jpg
6c1da886822c67822bcf3679d04369fa.jpg
0e3a37aa85a14e359df74fa77eded3f6.jpg
NewEgg always has the best deals on pretty much everything

Back