July Xbox One update pushing out tonight

HisSvt76

2[H]4U
Starting tonight new update rolling out this was the notice for beta testers

We’re happy to announce that the Xbox One June Update is being released to the general public this evening, becoming available at 9PM PDT. You don’t need to take any action – the most recent update preview you have (140703-1704) is the one that will be released, so you are all set.

We want to say thanks to you all for your participation and feedback during this wave. You got to see the Snapped Achievements app first, get an early glimpse of liking Activity Feed and GameDVR clips on your SmartGlass devices, double-tapped your way to the Snap Center, and tried out improvements to HDMI in and Kinect Tracking. We’re excited to have you all previewing these updates, and we’re blown away by your dedication.

We have more to come, and we can’t wait to share what’s next! In the meantime, check out below for some common questions and answers regarding the end of this wave:

Q. Will we receive another 1407 update to bring us to the same level that the general public will be at?
A. No, the build you are now on is the same one that is being rolled out to the general public.

Q. What happens to the Update Preview forums now?
A. The forums will remain online, and active. There are still active investigations that the developers are engaged on with members of the update preview community, and we are still reading your feedback on what you like, and what you don't.

Q. When will we get another system update to preview?
A. We're still working on the exact date, and will let you know when as soon as we can, along with what changes will be present in the new build. But it won't be long!

full release notes
Snap Mode for Achievements •An easier way to track and view your achievements progress in real time without ever leaving the game.
•‘Search for Achievement Help’ on any Achievements you’re struggling with. This will launch Internet Explorer for you and deliver relevant tips and strategy content based on the Achievement you are working on.
Double-tap to Snap •Double-tap the Xbox button on your controller to bring up Snap Center, where you can launch Achievements or any other snap-able app, without leaving your current experience.
•If you already have an app snapped, double-tap quickly switches between your game and the snapped app.
Choice of Spoken Language. •Xbox One owners can now choose their preferred Spoken Language in settings to enable better voice control compatibility. This is in addition to the Country selection used to access the Xbox store. For example, someone living in the United States who has an Australian accent may now choose English (Australia) for voice control while still having United States selected for Country location.
Future Digital Bundles and Compilation Discs •Add the functionality for content publishers to create digital bundle and disc compilation offerings in the future.
‘Like’ Game DVR clips •The added ability to ‘Like’ Game DVR clips and activity feed items from within SmartGlass.
Blu-Ray Player improvements •The Xbox One Console now supports BD-R/BD-RE

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/system-update-operating-system

Last edited:
One thing Microsoft is doing right with the One is frequent updates, even if they are small.

I wish Sony would move to the same type of rapid release schedule like Microsoft. Sony seems like they just publish updates whenever they get around to it.

I have been a live member for 10 years and was always a part of beta dashboards on the 360 but cannot even get a consideration on the xbox one. If you could send me an invite to the beta, I would be forever grateful.

tag-IMTHA1WHOKNOCKS

I have been a live member for 10 years and was always a part of beta dashboards on the 360 but cannot even get a consideration on the xbox one. If you could send me an invite to the beta, I would be forever grateful.

tag-IMTHA1WHOKNOCKS

I invited you, it will probably be 2 weeks until the next preview update since this one just went live.

Back