July DC Vault project(s)

Woohoo! Finally up and running, giving it a 12 hour burn-in (otherwise known as I'm too tired to OC tonight), then tomorrow we'll see how far above the stock 2.83 GHz this q9550 can go! Can't wait to see how many more ppd this will give me on MUON over the old dually...
 
Nice work! More processing power for the Horde!

Just in time for an assault on the next two Muon teams. :)
 
Dear Einstein@Home volunteer,

I want to share some good news with you.

For more than a year, Einstein@Home has been using about
one-third of the available computer time to search for radio
pulsars in data from the Arecibo Observatory. I'm happy to report
that we found our first radio pulsar last month: PSR J2007+2722.
It is still not sure, but this appears to be a rare type of object
called a Disrupted Recycled Pulsar. The discovery was published
on-line by the journal Science, on Thursday August 12th.

Congratulations to our volunteers Chris and Helen Colvin (Ames, Iowa,
USA) and Daniel Gebhardt (Universitaet Mainz, Musikinformatik, German),
whose computers discovered the pulsar with the highest significance!

Further details of this first Einstein@Home discovery may be found
in the main news item posted on the Einstein@Home web site, at
http://einstein.phys.uwm.edu/ . You can also use Google News
and similar searches, with keywords like 'pulsar' or 'J2007+2722'
or 'Einstein@Home' to find recent news articles about the
discovery, in English, German, French, Spanish, Russian and other
languages.

So far, Einstein@Home has only analyzed about half of the Arecibo data
set. Due to improvements in the instrumentation, the more recent data
is better-quality than the older data, so I am sure there are other
interesting objects to be discovered!

Sincerely,
Bruce Allen
Director, Einstein@Home

Just got this email a few days ago though I would share it. I like to see our CPU time produce some results. :)


::Edit:: My Computers are going down and will be up sometime on wednesday. I am moving into my new apartment and moving the farm with me. See you all in the September DC Vault thread. :)
 
Last edited:
yeah i saw this on the forums here a little while back. Its pretty cool that they keep their volunteers in the loop as far as the progress they are making. :)

Good luck with the move Eric. I'll try and make a new thread for Sept tomorrow. :)
 
I can't believe we couldn't take rechenkraft today. Looks like everyone dropped all their points yesterday (2.2 Mil!) but we'll catch them tomorrow.
 
I dumped about 120K before deciding to go for another 200 MHz on the OC - just to find out that my Arctic Freezer and case won't keep the temps down enough with the vcore needed to go from 3.2 to 3.4 on my Q9550... :mad: Oh, well, 3.2 is averaging between 90K & 95K ppd, so I'll just have to be happy with that for now - On to tomorrow!
 
The Muon stats are not updating today. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.
 
Sazan will probably have a 1.5M+ point day when the points actually update! :D
 
Back
Top