Judge That Forced Apple To Apologize Now Works For Samsung

Your totally even-handed account of the thread's derailment continues to provide insight into the way you see the world. I suppose your completely disproportionate nuclear detonation in post (#54) had nothing to do with it, then...it was all just the "Paultards." Wow.

Regardless, the succinct point-by-point explanation I gave at the end of post #75 accounts for every piece of evidence available regarding Ron Paul's views. (If I could edit, I'd reiterate an actual description of his personality from earlier posts in the relevant point: That is, he's hands-off and negligent regarding his image and management, because he's a "professor type" with a focused interest on ideas...an attitude that's hard for people to empathize with in any context but especially in politics, where pathological narcissists have defined the norm).

While that's a good summary of what's actually going on, post #75 is missing a focused comparison to the racist hypothesis, which accounts for only a very selective subset of the evidence: That is, the racist hypothesis accounts for only the innuendo alone, and as such it is utterly mired with "lots of little" contradictions (lots of big ones actually), which I will reiterate from scattered parts of earlier posts:
  • The racist newsletters were written not at the beginning but in the middle of Ron Paul's career, by someone who was completely open about going on the record with racist comments. However, he has been speaking publicly for 30 years, and never once has anyone caught him on video saying anything racist either before or after those newsletters were written. The argument that he's a racist who has become "more closeted" over time simply doesn't work, because those particular openly racist newsletters (likely written by James Powell) were a drastic departure from the ideology he has consistently espoused both beforehand and since. They were a totally anomalous discontinuity, and as such they only completely make sense in the context of the argument I laid out at the end of post #75.
  • Similarly, Paul has consistently championed libertarian Constitutionalist ideology for TWELVE terms in Congress, both before and after the newsletters. (A few of his votes were imperfect, but I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the ideology he espoused.) For most of this time, he was pissing in the wind, alternately being unanimously ignored or unanimously opposed. I don't think there's any way to overstate just how lonely of a path that was, and how much courage and fortitude it takes to stand up for an unpopular ideology day after day for all those years. It must have been utterly exhausting, because even just a few years ago he had no idea he would ever be remembered by history, except in a footnote. Why on Earth would someone like that pour years of effort into going on record for an ideology he didn't even believe in, as a secret cover for white nationalism? It's totally absurd. He had absolutely nothing to lose for the vast majority of his career, so if he had actually believed in white nationalism, that's what he would have been arguing for in the first place.
  • He voted no on the Rosa Parks statue, yet publicly references Rosa Parks as one of his heroes. If this were about closeted racism, it would have been a whole lot easier to just conformantly vote for the statue instead of routinely lauding Rosa Parks and MLK as personal heroes...something even the most successful undercover closeted racist ever would probably not be able to do without wincing on camera. (His Mother Theresa vote mirrored his Rosa Parks vote as well, corroborating his Constitutional reasoning. To cover up the deliberate distortion, haters have to omit this highly relevant point of comparison and replace it with one of a very small handful of examples where he voted "yes" on something stupid.)
  • There is evidence of his race-blind behavior throughout all his years as a doctor long before the newsletters were written, as demonstrated in earlier posts above.
  • As mentioned, he has 30 years of public speaking and not one racist comment on video before or after the newsletters. Instead, the only video comments he has ever made about race are things that are deeply damaging to racists, such as confident and earnest condemnations of institutional racism in the justice system...something other politicians won't even do.

Lots of little things, aren't there?

Despite everything, your "shock and awe" approach starting from post #54 presented an unusually comprehensive and effortful argument against Ron Paul. It is truly not normal to hate someone THAT much or spend that much effort in a destructive effort against someone. You pretty much have to be the überhater for that, so post #55 hit the nail on the head. Still, the argument was strong enough on the surface that it deserved a full reply in the same venue.

I made a good faith effort to directly and patiently address all of your strongest points, and over the course of several exchanges I offered a coherent narrative explaining all of them (best expressed by the end of post #75). You consistently failed to repay the same courtesy, by deliberately ignoring both my counterargument and the elephants in the room that contradict the racist hypothesis (see bullet-list directly above, in this post). If you had debated honestly, the thread derailment could have been over long ago with a respectful agreement to disagree. I paid you the respect of direct engagement. Instead of reciprocating, you continued to post deluge after deluge of links to continually put me on the defensive and distract from the fact that you were refusing to directly address any of my counterarguments, when even in imperfect form they already explained the vast majority of new links. (You also treated the 2008 campaign committee revelation like it was a kill blow, except the makeup of the rest of that committee inherently contradicted its significance.) In short, your debating ethics were entirely absent, and your characterization of the progression of this thread mirrors that.

In short, you made post after post treating every link separately like it required a "new excuse" of its own and made no effort to seriously consider the same fundamental explanation that covers virtually all of them. While my explanation for the whole mess is consistent with all available evidence without exception, the racist hypothesis doesn't even come close. The racist hypothesis fits only the newsletters and "guilt by [usually involuntary] association" but contradicts the majority of the man's long life. Call me a "Paultard" if you want, but when my explanation accounts for all of the empirical evidence and yours only counts for a prejudicial subset, you might want to tweak your hypothesis...or reassess who's being a "tard."

Ultimately, yes, the real issues do matter more than absolutely anything else. You can concentrate all you like on minor votes and sideshow distractions about insinuated motives, and we'll both continue to get a nation on the verge of implosion. I on the other hand would greatly prefer a guy who votes no on a Rosa Parks statue to a guy who supports a totalitarian police state, an imperialistic warfare state, and/or an enormously unsustainable welfare state, all of which are sending the US dollar into oblivion. Those are things that actually matter. This whole country could become a third world nation when the petrodollar fails, and all some people can think about is building up a totally one-sided argument about someone's supposed racial prejudices, acting smug the whole way...talk about a warped sense of perspective. Okay, fine...we'll let the political establishment just keep following the same old policies out of spite, and we can all keep on arguing over whether Ron Paul's a racist when we're dying in World War III or starving to death and paying literally $10000 for a gallon of gas.

Paultard responds with wall of text filled with hysteria based on FUD.

Non paultards just roll their eyes and giggle quietly.

What it really boils down to is that the dude's a crank and you're parroting paranoid conspiracy theories.

You don't care what Ron Paul is really like because he's the the Nutter Jesus to all the little nutters out there who think they're going to pay $10,000 for a gallon of gas.

Do you even read your own bullshit before you hit "Send"?

You don't even know what you're talking about until it's pointed out. Case in point, you called someone a ten second association when he was actually on Paul's presidential campaign committee.

Do pay more attention to what your dear leader is doing. Handwaving associations in favor of believing crackpot theories that even Alex Jones would find cringeworthy isn't the best way to go about it.

PS: Ron Paul voted to send troops to Afghanistan, too. He's very much a part of the system you decry. Whether it's wasting millions on a Cold War Medal (glorifying paranoid warfare) or looking ways to hide his bigoted views under the guise of states' rights...

But there's just so much more and I haven't even begun to scratch the surface.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/107/hr3076

Ron Paul issued a bill to authorize the government to spend $40 Billion to hunt down Osama.

http://opinion.latimes.com/opinionla/2008/05/ron-paul-statem.html

Ron Paul endorced white supremacist Bill Johnson.

And was part of Paul's campaign, too.

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/may/05/opinion/ed-johnson5

And later endorced Chuck Baldwin, a fundamentalist loon.

http://www.ronpaul.com/2008-09-23/ron-paul-endorses-chuck-baldwin-for-president/

Ron Paul himself stated that he would prefer the Church to be strong and the State to be weak.

http://www.examiner.com/article/ron-paul-wrong-for-atheists-wrong-for-secular-america

The Founding Fathers envisioned a robustly Christian... America, with churches serving as vital institutions that would eclipse the state in importance. — Ron Paul

He also praised someone who endorsed him ... someone who advocated the death penalty for homosexuals.

“We welcome Rev. Kayser’s endorsement and the enlightening statements he makes on how Ron Paul’s approach to government is consistent with Christian beliefs.”

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2011/...o-advocates-death-penalty-for-gays/?mobile=nc

Even then, your excuse doesn't explain the documentation found on Paul's habits of double billing FOR OVER A DECADE.

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/wa...most-corrupt-members-of-congress-report-finds

In which private watchdog groups (yay! free market!) found him to be one of the most corrupt members of Congress.

http://www.crewsmostcorrupt.org/pag...t-Members-of-Congress-Report-2012.pdf?nocdn=1

Anti Government Spending yet... Pork King.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2011/07/ron-paul-texas-federal-spending-pork

Welcome to the heart of the congressman's Texas district, where federal spending has quadrupled since 1999.

Quite frankly... That none of this is cause for concern to you says more about you that it could say about Ron Paul.

Paultard responds with wall of text filled with hysteria based on FUD.

Non paultards just roll their eyes and giggle quietly.
Literally the only thing in my last post that could remotely be considered "hysteria based on FUD" is the very last sentence, and that's only because you have no comprehension of what will happen during a dollar collapse. By characterizing the tone of my entire post based exclusively on that line, you have once again demonstrated your blatant dishonesty. This isn't about coming to an honest understanding for you; it's about ravaging people you don't like.

What it really boils down to is that the dude's a crank and you're parroting paranoid conspiracy theories.

You don't care what Ron Paul is really like because he's the the Nutter Jesus to all the little nutters out there who think they're going to pay $10,000 for a gallon of gas.

Do you even read your own bullshit before you hit "Send"?

You don't even know what you're talking about until it's pointed out. Case in point, you called someone a ten second association when he was actually on Paul's presidential campaign committee.
I'm sorry I'm not obsessed enough with every association Ron Paul has ever had to have remembered that, but as my reply pointed out, it's irrelevant: Unless you really think Paul really knows Peter Thiel, Barry Manilow, and Drew Carey all that well too, the makeup of his 2008 campaign committee isn't exactly the best indicator of who his close buddies are.

As far as $10000 for a gallon, that's not a "conspiracy theory." (Your obsession with tertiary associations and cataloguing literally every off-color thing Ron Paul has ever done is indeed a conspiracy theory though, and it's a really whacked out one.) Hyperinflation and $10000 gas is what will happen if the rest of the world dropped the petrodollar tomorrow (are you even familiar with it?), for three reasons:
  1. Dollar-dumping: All the dollars that have been sent abroad will suddenly be simultaneously competing against each other to buy whatever real goods they can from the US.
  2. Manufacturing deficit: We currently don't export enough real goods to compensate for all the cheap stuff we purchase internationally, and being cut off from cheap goods will send a shock through the economy, further causing prices to skyrocket.
  3. Unprecedented reliance on foreign gas for sustaining agricultural production and distribution: Our food production is highly distributed and nonlocal, and we rely on foreign gas to both produce and transport all of this food across the United States. However, we don't export enough real goods to compensate for the amount of gas we purchase internationally, and those we do export are primarily large capital goods and such made by only a portion of our economy. After price levels stop skyrocketing and plateu, foreign purchases will go through this small segment, which will command an inordinately large portion of the dollar's remaining international worth...until we painstakingly rebuild our broader manufacturing capacity. In the meantime, we will be struggling to transport food across the country, and extended disruptions to the supply chain can easily cause people to starve.

Currency implosions are nothing to mess with, and ours may very well become the worst ever. $10000 gas is not out of the question.

Do pay more attention to what your dear leader is doing. Handwaving associations in favor of believing crackpot theories that even Alex Jones would find cringeworthy isn't the best way to go about it.

PS: Ron Paul voted to send troops to Afghanistan, too. He's very much a part of the system you decry. Whether it's wasting millions on a Cold War Medal (glorifying paranoid warfare) or looking ways to hide his bigoted views under the guise of states' rights...

But there's just so much more and I haven't even begun to scratch the surface.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/107/hr3076

Ron Paul issued a bill to authorize the government to spend $40 Billion to hunt down Osama.
Yes, Paul voted to go into Afghanistan in 2001 in the immediate wake of an attack by someone another nation-state was seemingly refusing to extradite, under the assumption the authorization would be used to go after Osama bin Laden. It was obviously a mistake, and since then he's been wanting to get out. None of this invalidates opposing Iraq, Libya, the upcoming Iran, etc.

Incidentally, I'm no Alex Jones guy, but I do believe even he would consider your conspiracy theory to be quite the crackpot one.

Yeah, he did, and your own article posts why and how, which you conveniently failed to acknowledge:
Email from Paul's Congressional Chief of Staff said:
Over the past several weeks, I have also been involved in assisting Dr Paul with the consideration of candidates who are seeking his endorsement for their campaigns. We have gone through the process of setting up a method by which candidates are to be considered for such endorsements. During that period, we have also received and reviewed requests from dozens of candidates.

Although Bill Johnson's name ended up on the endorsement list, he did not go through this process. In light of this fact, and in light of the revelations regarding his past statements and associations, Dr Paul has retracted the endorsement and hopes that, in the future, the process that has been put into place will mitigate the likelihood of similar errors.
Paul doesn't know the guy, and he slipped through. OMG, HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN? Umm, maybe not everyone is obsessed with knowing the name of every racist who ever lived.

I already addressed Baldwin at length in an above comment. Yes, he did, and yes, they're friends, and Baldwin has his ups and his downs. I didn't vote for him, because everywhere his politics diverge from Ron Paul's, it's for the worse.

Ron Paul himself stated that he would prefer the Church to be strong and the State to be weak.

http://www.examiner.com/article/ron-paul-wrong-for-atheists-wrong-for-secular-america

The Founding Fathers envisioned a robustly Christian... America, with churches serving as vital institutions that would eclipse the state in importance. — Ron Paul
Already handled above at length.

He also praised someone who endorsed him ... someone who advocated the death penalty for homosexuals.

“We welcome Rev. Kayser’s endorsement and the enlightening statements he makes on how Ron Paul’s approach to government is consistent with Christian beliefs.”

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2011/...o-advocates-death-penalty-for-gays/?mobile=nc

Is it really so inconceivable that at the time the Paul campaign accepted Kayser's endorsement, they were not yet aware of the extent of his remarks?

Allow me to quote President Barack Obama on the issue, referencing his association with Jeremiah Wright, which I think conservatives have unfairly hammered him for, by the way. Emphasis mine:

Barack Obama said:
For we have a choice in this country. We can accept a politics that breeds division, and conflict, and cynicism. We can tackle race only as spectacle - as we did in the OJ trial - or in the wake of tragedy, as we did in the aftermath of Katrina - or as fodder for the nightly news. We can play Reverend Wright's sermons on every channel, every day and talk about them from now until the election, and make the only question in this campaign whether or not the American people think that I somehow believe or sympathize with his most offensive words. We can pounce on some gaffe by a Hillary supporter as evidence that she's playing the race card, or we can speculate on whether white men will all flock to John McCain in the general election regardless of his policies.

We can do that.

But if we do, I can tell you that in the next election, we'll be talking about some other distraction. And then another one. And then another one. And nothing will change.
I'm not even close to an Obama fan, but this was poignant.

Even then, your excuse doesn't explain the documentation found on Paul's habits of double billing FOR OVER A DECADE.

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/wa...most-corrupt-members-of-congress-report-finds

In which private watchdog groups (yay! free market!) found him to be one of the most corrupt members of Congress.

http://www.crewsmostcorrupt.org/pag...t-Members-of-Congress-Report-2012.pdf?nocdn=1

I specifically indicated that the "double dipping corruption" scandal was wrong, poorly researched, and thoroughly debunked by Lawrence O'Donnell (who has trashed Ron Paul before on other issues), and a lot of stuff about it is chronicled here:
http://www.optimiskeptic.com/2012/09/12/u-s-news-world-report-crew-blow-it-big-time/

Anti Government Spending yet... Pork King.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2011/07/ron-paul-texas-federal-spending-pork

Welcome to the heart of the congressman's Texas district, where federal spending has quadrupled since 1999.

Quite frankly... That none of this is cause for concern to you says more about you that it could say about Ron Paul.

People love talking about pork, because it's about 1% of the federal budget, and it allows them to avoid talking about everything else. I already handled the earmarks issue above, before you even started posting your links actually. Reference post #52.

Once again:
Mini-Me said:
Ultimately, yes, the real issues do matter more than absolutely anything else. You can concentrate all you like on minor votes and sideshow distractions about insinuated motives, and we'll both continue to get a nation on the verge of implosion. I on the other hand would greatly prefer a guy who votes no on a Rosa Parks statue to a guy who supports a totalitarian police state, an imperialistic warfare state, and/or an enormously unsustainable welfare state, all of which are sending the US dollar into oblivion. Those are things that actually matter. This whole country could become a third world nation when the petrodollar fails, and all some people can think about is building up a totally one-sided argument about someone's supposed racial prejudices, acting smug the whole way...talk about a warped sense of perspective. Okay, fine...we'll let the political establishment just keep following the same old policies out of spite, and we can all keep on arguing over whether Ron Paul's a racist when we're dying in World War III or starving to death and paying literally $10000 for a gallon of gas.

This does say something about me: Unlike you, I'm more concerned with the other 99% of the spending.

TLDR: Ron Paul isn't bad because I can claim other people are worse.

At minimum, two fallacies at play here. Appealing to authority and Tu Quoque.

If Ron Paul says it, it must be true. From any of his many predictions that didn't come true to his many points where it can be said there is a conflict of interest... Relying on someone's own words to be a defense against his own quoted words is a pretty shallow way to counter an argument. Remember, this is a man who talked about how fleet footed urban youth are and shouted how someone was queer as blazes and freaked the fuck out. When I can quote how he said something, quoting how he said he didn't say it isn't enough.

Pointing out Obama's associations when the topic is not Obama, but Ron Paul. "He does it, too!" is not a defense. Just as easily as you can call it a irrelevant to the issues, I can say it is as well. But also, I am not defending Obama when you are defending Ron Paul.

More walls of text don't debunk the claims. Try harder next time.

TLDR: Ron Paul isn't bad because I can claim other people are worse.

At minimum, two fallacies at play here. Appealing to authority and Tu Quoque.

If Ron Paul says it, it must be true. From any of his many predictions that didn't come true to his many points where it can be said there is a conflict of interest... Relying on someone's own words to be a defense against his own quoted words is a pretty shallow way to counter an argument. Remember, this is a man who talked about how fleet footed urban youth are and shouted how someone was queer as blazes and freaked the fuck out. When I can quote how he said something, quoting how he said he didn't say it isn't enough.

Pointing out Obama's associations when the topic is not Obama, but Ron Paul. "He does it, too!" is not a defense. Just as easily as you can call it a irrelevant to the issues, I can say it is as well. But also, I am not defending Obama when you are defending Ron Paul.

More walls of text don't debunk the claims. Try harder next time.

Straw man fallacy on both counts:
  • I never said quoted words can be used to disprove quoted words that were actually said. However, quoted words on video, especially over the course of 30 years, can indeed be a strong defense that anomalous textual quotes are not properly attributed.
  • I didn't bring up Barack Obama to say, "He does it too." I brought up Obama to point out the wisdom of his words on the subject: Obsessing over this kind of stuff is detrimental to national politics.

If we're going to talk about fallacies: This all came about because Ducman brought up Ron Paul's warnings about corruption. Your entire purpose in this thread has been to throw up wall after wall of irrelevant ad hominem attacks trying to brand him a hypocrite (and everything else under the sun), but as per the ad hominem fallacy, it's all completely irrelevant to what Ducman said.

PS - The President was supposed to be the least important elected official. Many thought America did need a King. And the states should have autonomy.

My, how things change...

The heroification of George Washington doesn't do the country's collective conscious any favors. More emphasis needs to be placed on the Senate, but that's just my opinion.

Good for Samsung for hiring a judge that actually has an understanding of patent law. Right now, the entire business of patents is a big ugly mess. Apple has done similar things, no reason to get excited.

Guess I'll be seeing this thread in the Soapbox sometime soon? :D ;)

Ugh, can't edit. I was going to say how interesting this turned from patent law, Samsung, etc... into a witch hunt on Ron Paul. Good times. :p

Back