Judge Denies RIAA Motion

HardOCP News

[H] News
The RIAA suffered another setback when a judge denied a motion to turn over the computer belonging to the son of one of the defendants currently being sued for music downloading. The judge didn’t mince words when he denied the motion:

Plaintiffs have offered little more than speculation to support their request for an inspection of Mr. Raymond's desktop computer, based on than his family relationship to the defendant, the proximity of his house to the defendant's house, and his determined defense of his mother in this case. That is not enough. On the record before me, plaintiffs have provided scant basis to authorize an inspection of Mr. Raymond's desktop computer.

I'm happy to see that the justice system is starting to see the RIAA for what it is lately.

Seriously, what they are doing is tantamount to extortion and fear-mongering.

If I were a judge, I'd make a ruling that the RIAA must suspend their legal department for no less than six months while they figure out how to restore music to being about the music and not the money.

If I were a judge, I'd make a ruling that the RIAA must suspend their legal department for no less than six months while they figure out how to restore music to being about the music and not the money.

Restore it to that? You can't restore it to something it never was.

You're mistaking music and the music business[/U] for being the same thing. They're most certainly not. The music business has always been about nothing more than money. And, now that they can't seem to make the money, they're crying. The way I see it, if the music industry as we know it does not die off soon, it is for very crooked reasons.

My stance: The MPAA and RIAA both cancerous polyps in rectum of the American economy and mass-media. I had way to much fun making that up...........

My stance: The MPAA and RIAA both cancerous polyps in rectum of the American economy and mass-media. I had way to much fun making that up...........

LOL, thats so funny yet so true. These guys went on for years suing and suing and now all of a sudden the courts throw them a roadblock. :D

It's about time they courts finally wise up to the "claims" the RIAA is throwing around.

Back