JTG

Nathan_P

[H]ard DCOTM x3
JTG

I don't want to clutter up the other thread however something needs saying.

Are you going to continue to spout bullshit or are you actually going to fold some WU and mow me?:p:p

Wait until the 25th... he is a bit busy mowing us at WCG for the challenge...lol

JTG

I don't want to clutter up the other thread however something needs saying.

Are you going to continue to spout bullshit or are you actually going to fold some WU and mow me?:p:p

I don't think his hardware is capable. His mowing machine probably looks similar to this:

old_lawn_mower_by_absurdwordpreferred.png

While it will make the yard look nice and pretty it will still take forever + two days.

You really shouldn't be concerned.

Sure it's nit-picking, but,

Those GPUs would run a heck of a lot better with some 12V rails attached to them.....

The rest of the hardware looks pretty slick...

Wow, that is quite a lot of power in that spot :eek: Got multiple power circuits and a dedicated A/C for that room? :D

Nice, that's cool. Yeah I have to stick to a budget, sucks!!! I could spend so much on DC equipment and power bills it's not even funny, but I can't anymore, oh well! Doing what I can.

look at JTG's cabling few pics above. Not much power provide to the rig. If he does the same to those chips they stay cold like ice :p

ok ... so how about you bring your limpware over to WCG ... and show me how its done???

you talk the talk ... walk the walk
:cool:

If WCG interested me in any of it's research I would. My computing belongs to F@H though. :eek:

Santa Loves me !!!

thm_phpmtnMdw.jpg

I was going to ask Gramps_01 to help with the WCG Challange ... not all his boxes ... just the Opterons ... to kinda get an apples to apples comparison with my boxes... but then everone would see how he isn't "Crushing it" and all those systems specs listed below his posts are just numbers that he typed in ...

well you are partially correct I have 2 of the 4650 rigs that took a dump a few weeks back, I had a low voltage problem during a storm and it freed 2 of the SM Intel 4P boards. The 2 AMD boxen have been down for a while. I am using there electricity to power the 3 - 980 and 4 - 980 Ti's and the 1 970 I am running. So that just leaves 2 - Intel 4650 4P's that are currently running FAH they both are running 2 - 980 ti's and 1 Bigadv or whatever you want to call them and getting 1,600,000 to 1,800,000 PPD each. :D

So I will be sending the boards off one of these days and getting them repaired and getting each of them a couple of GPU's after that I may change my sig. :eek:

Now bring it on buster. :cool:

I Have been keeping my eye on the race you are still out in front of them ;)

Congrats on passing us. Glad to see you guys up and running again.
Waving as you go by

Last edited:
The BigAdv was cancelled *sniff* *sniff*

It's all about the GPU's now it seems...

Bigadv is the now semi defunct, big WU, big PPD projects that were around for about 4 years and where this team really shined - 2p & 4p rigs were bought in large qty's for these WU with some rigs getting approx. 1m PPD for about 700w from the wall.

Sadly the requirements kept changing, 12 threads, 16 threads, 24 threads, 24 threads @2.8ghz 32 threads with no real justification in the latter stages of the project other than keeping things cutting edge, just before they pulled the project you basically needed a 2p sandy bridge setup or a 4p to complete within the deadlines.

All the changes left users in the lurch - especially if they had recently spent money on a new setup that was now obsolete, user complained, PG stuck their head in the sand and then pulled the project - bringing it back with the same WU but on the SMP points system - the same rigs now got ~300k PPD. In my case my 2p's went from 480k PPD each to 180-200k overnight.

This tore the heart out the team and a lot of people left and a lot haven't come back and as lelliot731 says its currently about the GPU even though no GPU project is anywhere near the size of one of these bigadv WU in terms of the number of atoms.

If you want to run them its client type bigadv and max packet size set to big on v7, v6 is -bigadv -smp and max packet size set to big

Back