• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

JQuery like API's?

netsider

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 12, 2004
Messages
466
I recently made a site using HTML, and JQuery's mobile API located here.

Jquery seems really easy to use, as far as just using the API. Are there any other languages where you just include a javascript file, like this?

Thanks.. just wondering. I'm sort of a newbie when it comes to most programming. :eek:
 
Almost all programming languages support what JQuery is doing - it's effectively a library, or just a plain include - where the contents of a file are read and considered to be part of the main codebase.

I think you'd be really hard pressed to find a programming language that DIDN'T include something like this, on some level.
 
I recently made a site using HTML, and JQuery's mobile API located here.

Jquery seems really easy to use, as far as just using the API. Are there any other languages where you just include a javascript file, like this?

Thanks.. just wondering. I'm sort of a newbie when it comes to most programming. :eek:

Check out Bootstrap.

For work we did a mobile site using jquery mobile and liked it, but we did another one using bootstrap and liked bootstrap a lot more.

The bootstrap stuff is responsive instead of mobile only, so it works well for desktop too.
 
Check out Bootstrap.

For work we did a mobile site using jquery mobile and liked it, but we did another one using bootstrap and liked bootstrap a lot more.

The bootstrap stuff is responsive instead of mobile only, so it works well for desktop too.

Thanks.. yea this is mostly what I was asking. I should have clarified. I was mainly looking for other API's that can be used with HTML, like JQuery.

I'll look into Bootstrap... are there any others?
 
There's a ton.

Dojo, Prototype, YUI, etc.

Also, don't call these APIs. These are for the most part libraries, which can help you with building an API. An API, in general terms, is a layer of code which is used for interacting with code behind it. Obviously, these tools have an API in the sense that they hide some inner functionality, but this is not their purpose.
 
There's a ton.

Dojo, Prototype, YUI, etc.

Also, don't call these APIs. These are for the most part libraries, which can help you with building an API. An API, in general terms, is a layer of code which is used for interacting with code behind it. Obviously, these tools have an API in the sense that they hide some inner functionality, but this is not their purpose.

Understood. That was very well written, btw. I didn't know the difference until you said it.

I'll look into those other "libraries".

Thanks :cool:
 
Back
Top