Jpg Hex Edit

Dillirium

Limp Gawd
OK people i have a real weird one and any information you could provide would save me a lot of trouble. I have pictures I purchased a while back from a photo person. He sold me a disc "album" of photos.. Well he has since left the bizz and no longer lives around here... Basically I wanted to get the pictures from my album so I can use them. The images are stored in a directory on the CD named Pictures where a program called flipalbum does some fancy crap to view them. However the jpg's stored in this directory are not "normal". They seem to be locked somehow so I can only view them w/ this program and nothing else such as IRFANVIEW. Anyways I wondered if anyone could provide some information on how to edit jpg's via hex editor? or links on how to repair them? or how to get rid of this crap so I can actually have the pictures I purchased. Oh yeah they disabled the "save as" feature so I already tried that :) Again it's flipalbum version 1.2.... anyone have any ideas?

here are a couple of things to try (try each separately)

1- rename the extention
2- print screen :)

It may also be that the program uses the JPEG2000 spec ... which is not backward
compatible with the standard JPEG standard ... but performs much better. ;)

Back