joost problem

neesan

n00b
When i installed Joost, my computer met all requirements except 1, it requiring me to have 48mb of video memory when i only have 32mb, so the problem is when i try to watch a tv episode, it would lag very bad, and then give me an error saying its unable to play for an unknown reason, and give me a #19 or #21 at the bottom of the error. could the lag and error be caused due to the 32mb of video memory i have? thanks

if you do not meet the minimum requirements for joost which is near HD quality video your computer is really too out dated to handle it thus why you are getting lag..

wow great, thanks alot for the help guys, really appreciate it!

here is my computer specs.

(System Info) Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2 (5.1 - 2600) CPU: 1-Intel Pentium 4, 1494MHz, 256KB (0% Load) Memory: 308/768MB 40.1% (||||------) Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS/GeForce2 Pro Resolution: 1024x768 32bit 60Hz

its one of the first P4's, i thought P4 was good i guess im in the ice age! :D

wow great, thanks alot for the help guys, really appreciate it!

heres is my computer specs.

(System Info) Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2 (5.1 - 2600) CPU: 1-Intel Pentium 4, 1494MHz, 256KB (0% Load) Memory: 308/768MB 40.1% (||||------) Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS/GeForce2 Pro Resolution: 1024x768 32bit 60Hz

its one of the first P4's, i thought P4 was good i guess im in the ice age! :D

For a system like that i'd recommend probably a Geforce FX5200, would be perfect for watching joost.

neesan: Ok, yeah, you really need a new video card. The one you're running was good back in 2001, but it is time for a newer, make that a MUCH newer card!

Your other specs aren't too bad. You won't be playing the highest end games on it, but it should still do fine for watching streaming video. The main focus of upgrade is the video card. Adding more RAM to get 1GB would hurt either. But just focus on the video card. If your budget can handle it, try to get a card with at least 128MB of memory. But for what you are doing, 64MB will work as well.

Hey, don't feel bad about having older hardware. I was working on a Pentium-MMX 233MHz CPU from 1995 and a 4MB ATI video card from 1996 back in 2004! LOL

The time before I could afford newer (ahem, MUCH newer hardware).

Good times!

Back