Joker Laser Etching

Sheldog23

Limp Gawd
Got bored at work the other day so I thought I'd play around with the equipment.

Made myself a laser etching of the Joker on my case door. Thinking about putting something else cool on the other side.

2757753413_1a6fa4a5d0_b.jpg

2757756289_63c89c48ed_b.jpg

2758591568_c13c203edb_b.jpg

pretty cool I think. Just thought I would share.

I want your job :(...

or access to the equipment at your job...

or for you to do that for me at your job...

:(:(:(:(

Thanks guys. I thought you guys might enjoy that.

You wouldn't want my job. The pay ain't great. Sure is fun playing with the equipment though. Kinda makes up for it.

Couple of guys here wanted me to make them smaller ones for them to have. I'm going to back paint one green and one black and do the same thing. I'll post pics up of them when I get them finished.

Fucking nice man imagine doing that to a whole case.

A whole case out of etched plex. That's an awesome idea.

Well a couple of the guys at work wanted one of these so I went ahead and made them some smaller versions. about 5x7" or so. I decided I'd experiment and I back painted one Dk. Green and the Other black before I etched it. It turned out fantastic.

2761245972_bd3ab9f666.jpg

2760402829_2e1f083cc1.jpg

This one got a bit messed up.

With the painting it doesn't really make a good window for seeing through. It would however make a good window for back lighting and if you have something behind that you don't really want to see too much of. It's still transparent where I etch off the paint just not "clear"

2761246850_e4678fcf50.jpg

Just for fun I printed out a vinyl wrap for the door on the other side to match. I doubt I'm going to take this all the way and do an entire "joker" mod. who knows though. If I do I'll have to move this thread.

2760404541_7f0da690ce.jpg

larger version
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3290/2760404541_cf811677e9_o.jpg

well, thanks for looking. Hope you enjoyed it.

Very nice, I wish I had access to a laser for etching... among many other things. Laser cutting would be nice, too.

these are some of the most amazing batman related things this side of the the media. WOW Sheldog quit your job get an etcher and a vinyl maker thing and make this your career you will make huge amounts of cash.

Keep up the good work

nicely done man, very impressive work; based on responses you could probably get yourself some supplimental income from doing some of these. ;)

nicely done man, very impressive work; based on responses you could probably get yourself some supplimental income from doing some of these. ;)

haha, yeah I imagine there are people out there who do that already though but I wouldn't mind I suppose.

how many can I put you down for?;)

these are some of the most amazing batman related things this side of the the media. WOW Sheldog quit your job get an etcher and a vinyl maker thing and make this your career you will make huge amounts of cash.

Keep up the good work

You should definitely quit your job and do this as a business. If you charge competitively you'll definitely make some mad loot!

Well, if I wanted to get this done, where would I bring it?

What kind of company do you work for that does this?

I want a picture of Jenova on my plexi for my case, but I had to resort to transparency.. and you can barely see the picture

I work for a sign company but most local trophy shops have a laser these days. Whether they would do it or not is entirely up to them. Some people shy away from these things because all they want to do is simple text and don't want to experiment.

Continuing a crazy lasering at work theme.

Well now my son Steven wanted one for his computer too. I figure since I made a whole modded Shark case for my other son Beau, a case window was the least I could do for him. : )

So he decided on ghost rider and I whipped this thing up. His case doesn't have any lights yet so I just back lit it with a orange t-shirt behind it. I'll probably go with red or orange lighting so it will look fairly close to this anyways.

2779953282_fa0bdac0e9.jpg

Fan detail.

2779100063_febe729eb7.jpg

Ghost Rider detail. sorry for the shaky hand
2779090425_d00bc724db_b.jpg

here are some high res images if you would like to see

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sheldog23/2779951188/sizes/l/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sheldog23/2779953282/sizes/o/

wow I would pay and I'm sure others will pay for that "why so serious" joker one.

i want now.

i want to be your kids they are sooo lucky not only does their dad mod cases for them but he gets awesome window etchings done for them too.

If you could blur some of the background it would look really cool. What do you do for a job? I dont want a name of a company or anything, but just your profession.

I work for a sign company. We make all kinds of crazy things.

If any of you are really interested in buying something just PM me and we'll work something out. Why not?;)

Back