Joining the dead 360 club Solution?

ALthough i do plan on getting the extra warranty, what are the signs of the 360 going bad?
I just picked mine up a week or so ago and am wondering what to look for.

FluxCap said:
So, nobody can confirm the 10 day thing then?

I'm not trying to sound like a jerk or anything but just call Microsoft and find out. Start off by asking about extending your warrenty, and if they start saying you're beyond the 10 days, or whatever, start to explain you didn't notice that, and if you do enough talking maybe they'll give in.

Isn't it a 1-800 number? Just do it and get it over with, instead of wasting more time waiting for somebody on here to answer your question.

watch for artifacts in different games. Usually, the system will just crap out on you, but some people get artifacts in their games before it goes completely. There may be other things too.

dtess17 said:
ALthough i do plan on getting the extra warranty, what are the signs of the 360 going bad?
I just picked mine up a week or so ago and am wondering what to look for.

My advice is to get the extended warranty and not worry about what signs a X360 exhibits before crapping out. The reason I say this, is that if you worry about it, you will constantly worry and not have fun. I would also ignore many of the things that you read on message boards, because they can make your paranoid. Just relax and enjoy man!!! Besides, if something wasn't normal, you would know it :)

Jerome36 said:
I'm not trying to sound like a jerk or anything but just call Microsoft and find out. Start off by asking about extending your warrenty, and if they start saying you're beyond the 10 days, or whatever, start to explain you didn't notice that, and if you do enough talking maybe they'll give in.

Isn't it a 1-800 number? Just do it and get it over with, instead of wasting more time waiting for somebody on here to answer your question.
It isn't really wasting my time, I am at work and can't check for the card in the box. I just wanted to know from a single person if indeed that card is in the box stating the 10 day stipulation. :)

Edit: I finally got my answer about the notice in the box and it does say 10 days. MS better help me out and let me extend it. If not, I will just have to sell it and make a profit off of them.

Well, I just talked to MS, they were really cool. FYI to anyone who has my question later, here are the facts:

1. You can get the extended warranty anytime during your first 90 days.
2. 1 year warranty is $29, 2 year is $59
3. You can renew the warranty at anytime while you are still under a warranty.

So, I am happy now. Besides the 90day thing, I am glad MS isn't sticking to that card notification.

I talked to a sueprvisor about my roomate's Xbox 360 and they instantly dropped from 120 to 95 bucks for a repair. Only putting a 90 day warrenty on any kind of electronic shows little faith in your product. If he decides to send it back it will be his 3rd Xbox 360.

Our new video game change jar has been renamed to the save the Xbox 360 fund.

Well, I knew my luck couldn't last forever, as my unit went dead today :(

I was in the middle of trying to beat that boss on the motorcycle by the grocery in Dead Rising, but my X360 died and never regained conciousness.........

This unit gave me approximately 800+ hours of solid faithful gameplay, with 1100+ hours of usage total.

Other than Oblivion and MLB2k6, i've never experienced a single problem or crash with my unit, so this came pretty suddenly. They diagnosed it as a hardware failure as after dieing, it won't even boot up anymore. If the harddrive is removed, it will boot up and die as soon as I insert a game disc. They said they'll be sending the box out for shipping asap, but I guess i'll be doing some reading for the next week or so...........

I sent my extended warranty card in a couple weeks before the 90 day one ended. MS honored it and it also was only $50 charged to my CC. I also saw the bit about "sending it in within 10 days" but it was just BS.

Back