Join the Alliance -- the Socket 939 Alliance!

might as well add me too the list as well, in the process of moving to North Carolina, my rig is back in indiana and im missing it so, this laptop just doesnt cut it, lol. but my system specs are down below in my sig and i would love to keep the sckt939 going as long as we can. have thought of upgrading to the Core 2 Duo, but i think im fine were im at only been running AMD for about 5 months now and its been fun. ive been pro-intel sense the 386DX days and this has been my first try with AMD and so far i like it, yes before core 2 duo's came out, theses were the coolest cpus out, but i think its really a battle right now on cooling. but anywho, thanks if im added. and as soon as i get settled in my new place ill take some pics so i can add it to the pic list.

Sign me up, bucko.

I am exceedingly happy with my Socket 939 rig, which is in my sig below. There's nothing I want to do that I can't do, and a lot of things that I can do, for which I have no interest. ;) I've been on AMD silicon since my Pentium III 600 MHz bit the dust, about 6 or 7 years ago.

Sign me up, I've been running mine for a few weeks now.
3000+ Venice at 2.18
Asus AN8-VM/CSM
7900GS

Been more then happy with it, I was using a spare rig for a while there (POS Prescott).

Been running this X2 4800+ @ 2.83Ghz for two years now.. rock solid.... paired with my 7800 GTX SLI. Waiting to upgrade to 8800GTX (SLI Maybe?!????)..

939 and DFI expert has been VERY good to me.

hey jpongin, hey man, where did you get that desk, ive been looking for a nice desk for my setup, but ive been stuck with a cheap desk from sams club, its ok, but it has a glass top and if anyones knows about glass tops, they can hurt you, lol. so, if you can please let me know where you bought or ordered that desk from. thanks man.

Count me in. Perhaps it's because I've finally hit the upper tier of it, but I honestly can't think of a truly compelling reason to go past S939 yet. The system's utterly rock-solid, and has been for many a moon now, and has handled everything I've thrown at it with style; I damn sure don't want to screw it up for a few extra piddly frames per second. (Wouldn't mind an FX-60, though.)

Count me in! Just put a new opteron in my board, gonna keep this 939 rig running as long as possible as I recently dropped 2GB of RAM into it as well! :p

I'm on, thought I'd already done this. Opteron 165 on an Asus A8n Premium running @ 2.4GHz.

Count me in. Perhaps it's because I've finally hit the upper tier of it, but I honestly can't think of a truly compelling reason to go past S939 yet. The system's utterly rock-solid, and has been for many a moon now, and has handled everything I've thrown at it with style; I damn sure don't want to screw it up for a few extra piddly frames per second. (Wouldn't mind an FX-60, though.)
To let you guys know that the "AMD JUDAS SOCIETY" still exists I also got Rock stable on 3,6 Ghz with the E6600 on the P5B-DL

E6600-P5B-DL-400x9_3600_PI19-02--1.jpg

E6600-P5B-DL-400x9_3600_PI19-02-200.jpg

We of "AMD JUDAS SOCIETY" realy believe that there is a Hell and it's Like a 65 degrees burning Conroe Hellblaster ;)

But we of the "AMD JUDAS SOCIETY" send you guys ouer best regards and we won't say: GO TO CONROE HELL do we, no because we got an education lol.

I could have sworn I joined this a while ago..........maybe that was the Socket A Club :p .

Anyways, add me.

add me as well.

4200x2 939
gigabyte k8ns-ultra 939 ( out for warranty repair )
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe just bought
changeing from 6800gt agp to a 7900Gs pci-e
500watt Ultra ps
320gig segate 7200.10 hd
2 lite-on 1693s drives

Will send pic of rig to your email address as requested.

AMD X2 4400
Asus A8V Deluxe
1 gig Corsair mem
BFG TECH 6800GTOC

Count me in too. Wonder if AMD is going to listen and give us a Quadcore 939?? Specs in Sig.

Pic sent sign me up :)

x2 3800+
Asus A8V Deluxe
2GB (2x1gb) DDR 500
720GB HDD space (4 drives at 120, 200, 200, and 200)
geforce 6600 gt

I'm in....Been using 939 for a bit over a year now, having moved on from 754.
I still qualify for both though (i have 2 754 and 1 939).
Been using AMD exclusively for about 5-6 years. Ever since the socket A athlons came out.
P4's of the time just werent doing it for me.

I have never had a more stable system than since i switched to the A64 platform.
Rock
solid
stable
:D

I would like to join as well not because of the random prize giveaway (My luck sucks so I wouldnt win anyways) but because I plan on running my Socket 939 board into the ground until its no longer worth upgrading....but I have too much invested in it to dump it every year for a new socket (Thanks AMD)

So Please can I join :-D

biostar 6100-939 folding for a cure!!! I need to get a X2 - 4400 instead of the sempy 3200 @2.147. :D

I just got my opteron 170. I should have joined alot sooner though since I was on an x2 3800 for more then a year.

Still rocking the AGP s939:

Asus A8V Deluxe
Opteron 170 @ 2.5ghz 1.4v
7800gs volt modded and @ 500/1500
2 X 1gb Crucial Value

This has been the most stable system I have had in many years. Via has definately earned my respect.

Count me in...been using S939 for two years now. Just want to get myself a better OCing mobo and better memory.

See my sig for system info...

Previous use MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum with Athlon64 3500+

Now Asus A8N-E Sli Premium with Opteron

I love my computer I'm just waiting for a good overclocking C2D mATX board so I can go SFF and overclock then my 939 will go to HTPC duties.

x2 3800+
Asus A8V Deluxe
2GB (2x1gb) DDR 500

Darakian: How did you get your memory working on this motherboard at ddr500? What are your memory settings. I have tried everything with several different memory types and brands and I cannot get anything working even near 250mhz. I have my HTT at 250 but I have to run my memory under 200mhz to get it to work. It's stable but I would still love to run 250mhz memory. I have tried crucial Ballistix and patriot ddr500 with no luck.

Ok, the OP is updated. I want to thank all you guys on the behalf of AMD for supporting the company and 939. Maybe they will give us quad core 939's...:p

kk... finally getting around to signing up for the Alliance. Guess I qualify "twice" -
Main rig = s939 4000+ @ 2.6Ghz, Asus A8N SLi Premium, 4x512 MB Ballistix PC3200
Server = s939 3000+ @ 2.2Ghz, ASRock 939 Dual, 2x512 MB Ballistix PC4000 Tracer

I've been a lurker for a while, but I've had my 939 for a decent amount of time. My previous system was an old 1.466GHz Athlon, and last year I finally got tired of waiting for it to catch up.

I found a beautiful processor, and a very low priced capable board:

OSA165CDBOX Dual-Core AMD Opteron™ Processor 165 1.8Ghz Socket 939 110.0W 2 MB .09 micron SOI <-- $300 on Newegg at the time

ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 <--$70 at the time. Dual Channel, S939, 2xSATA, 1xSATA2, Dual AGP/PCI-e, Socket M2/DDR2 upgrade path...

I threw these together with some decent DDR400, a 6800GS and some SATA2 hard drives. The overall price wasn't bad, and the performance blew me away. The 1.8GHz Dual-Core Opteron 165 I bought runs 2.6GHz on the standard Opty Pipe HSF. Insane.

AMD: I so love you. :D

(Saving up for a Quad-Core Opty) - DuoDreamer

Hmm, been running 939 for a little over 6 months now(too hard to get rid of my ol' Socket A 3200+). Loved my 4600+ so much, got my bro the FX-55(with the free HDD from Newegg awhile ago), and my Bro-in-law the 3400+. We one happy lil' 939 family. Well, can I tag along on this little roller coaster ride too? I promise to behave myself;)

Back