John Wick 2 Official Synopsis

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
The sequel to John Wick will be released next year, and we finally have an idea of what it might be about. I wonder how the action scenes will measure up to the first.

Keanu Reeves returns in the sequel to the 2014 hit as legendary hitman John Wick who is forced to back out of retirement by a former associate plotting to seize control of a shadowy international assassins’ guild. Bound by a blood oath to help him, John travels to Rome where he squares off against some of the world’s deadliest killers. Lionsgate’s “John Wick: Chapter 2” arriving in theaters on February 10, 2017.

why are most of Megalith's News stories about movies?...this is not Aint It Cool News or ComingSoon.net

Was John Wick good or is it just a relief for Matrix fanboys?

Most of us that saw it liked it I believe. Some of the best, "long camera shot" gun-fu I'd seen in a while.

https://hardforum.com/threads/john-wick.1833892/

The real thing I like though is the tiny bits of world building they did between the "shoot people in the head" parts. Some of the bit parts are characters I'm dying to see more of onscreen.

Not that the "shoot people in the head" parts are bad... not in the least.

I also like how Keanu trains his ass off for these roles. He learns all the hand to hand moves, he trains with the firearms, so what you see is as close to real as it can be short of actually killing people.

Last edited:
Bound by a blood oath? That's boring.

It should've been a series of prank calls by the son of a mob boss causing Wick to snap and get out of retirement.

"Do you know who you pissed off? You fucking asked him if his refrigerator was running??"

Do you like to see people shot in the head? If yes then you must see this movie.
Punisher Warzone and Shoot Em Up I enjoyed more than the Matrix 2 and 3 I just hoping it isn't a snoozefest mixed in with just a few bits of action.

I thought it was pretty good as its own thing. Some great moments and Keanu isn't bad even when he's acting. The action sequences are all pretty decent and well choreographed. Don't watch it for the plot, though.

Most of us that saw it liked it I believe. Some of the best, "long camera shot" gun-fu I'd seen in a while.

https://hardforum.com/threads/john-wick.1833892/

The real thing I like though is the tiny bits of world building they did between the "shoot people in the head" parts. Some of the bit parts are characters I'm dying to see more of onscreen.

Not that the "shoot people in the head" parts are bad... not in the least.

I also like how Keanu trains his ass off for these roles. He learns all the hand to hand moves, he trains with the firearms, so what you see is as close to real as it can be short of actually killing people.

Wow I already liked the movies but that just made me appreciate it a bit more. I hope the second one is nearly as good.

people say Keanu is a bad actor, but I couldn't care less. he always seems to pick up scripts that just work for his character. his acting is rarely the focus of the movies. of course, it also doesn't hurt that he knows how to sell the shit out of any action scene.

I thought it was pretty good as its own thing. Some great moments and Keanu isn't bad even when he's acting. The action sequences are all pretty decent and well choreographed. Don't watch it for the plot, though.

That's great thing about John Wick. There's almost a self-awareness that the action/fun is at least as important as the plot. Baddies kill man's dog, man goes on all-out revenge bender to kill baddies (with some cool atmosphere and backdrops). It's refreshing to have a straight-up action movie without the super powers, cringe-worthy exhibition and contrivances most actions films seem to be weighed down with nowadays. It's like a throwback to the great 80s action flicks e.g. Die Hard, Commando.

That's great thing about John Wick. There's almost a self-awareness that the action/fun is at least as important as the plot.

The self awareness is what propels it, IMHO. And the litany of little details like running out of bullets, the worldbuilding and subtle hints of what more there is, even mythology mixed in (Charon is the Hotel Rep, for crying out loud!), some pretty cracking unexpected moments like the exchange between the chop shop guy and the kid's father... It's just fun. You can tell the people making the movie had a blast, too. Like I said, don't watch it for the plot. It's as basic as it gets. The movie has much more to offer elsewhere.

John Wick's scorecard ;)
xAzzevT.jpg

John Wick's scorecard ;)

I don't have time to watch and compare right now, but that list is off by 1 compared to the video kill count.... now to try and figure out where it is.... Fun fun! :D

Not that I know anything about the gun training he went through, it looks impressive.

Back