[Jet]MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8GB 292usd (After discounts)

PontiacGTX

Gawd
https://jet.com/product/MSI-GeForce...raphics-Card/7d4fd29d095c44c682fc0797f287dbba

($449 - $54.23 Jet discounts - 10% Shop10 - Acorns 5% - 5% Ibotta - $10 Ibotta - $20 Rebate)

20usd Rebate

Open Acorns, set up your account up to use the debit card that you will be using for jet
Open ibotta app
Open jet through ibotta (claiming the 5% off and $10 credit from creating account)
Opt out of returns, use debit card
Apply SHOP10
Make purchase
Acorns sees that I made a purchase on jet with the debit card I have linked, credits me 5%?
Source

Jet.com is the ultimate bait and switch company. Had this happen twice to me, never again.

I appreciate the post, but this screams YMMV. Plus jet.com + rebate + 3rd party payment service + android app = not a deal to me.

There is just some point where too many variables make this have a super high chance of not being a deal at all.

There is just some point where too many variables make this have a super high chance of not being a deal at all.

One comment kinda struck me as a doh moment.

That 10 bucks isn't for creating an account. It's for redeeming a receipt within 7 days of making the account. Which you can't do because it takes ~36 days for the app to make sure you didn't return your jet items.

Yep, early on when the 1070s first hit, I tried to order one from Jet but after a week of waiting and no explanation they cancelled my order.

I had been warned they often did that, but I didn't believe it until it happened to me.

Now, I refuse to do business with them.

I ordered a Fury X from jet they sent me a vanilla Fury.

I called and complained and they made it right but it's a pain.

I ordered 2 GTX 380 and both had trouble (not jets fault as they were new) but that was a bit of a hassle too.

My wife uses jet without issue for household stuff.

From reddit:
Don't worry about it. I'm a super frugal guy, but I'm not sure $16 is worth me signing up (and giving out my SSN) for something I won't use.

Wow, this is super sketchy.

My wife uses jet without issue for household stuff.

Well, generally you *won't* have issues using Jet. The people usually complaining in Jet threads especially on Slickdeals aren't mentioning the fact they tried to cheat the system and create multiple accounts to get around the one-use-only new customer codes. Jet will pretty much just quietly ban you and your address for doing that.

That said, I think Jet's still garbage personally.

I stopped using Jet not because I was trying to cheat the system, but because I found a good deal (but not "no way in hell this isn't a misprint/typo" deal) and they sent me a 960 instead of the 970 that was pictured and advertised, and the problem I had with that is that it was expensive (higher than it should have been) price for a 960 which was fishy. This was using the first time user code (and it was the first time too, not me making multiple accounts). Now the "they" in this case is simply the vendors who use Jet as a market place, now sure the vendor may have been trying to pull one over, and perhaps they ended up getting their account suspended (doubtful but whatever), however my experience was in the return and me constantly trying to get that price on a card, which they wouldn't honor at all (fine) but the fact that my first time usage code would no longer be valid. Eventually after a lot of back and forth emails they simply gave me a credit for the discount that I ended up getting, I didn't buy another card, I basically used the credit to buy a good PSU that cost me a few bucks (because the credit was a fixed amount not a percentage).

So overall Jet doesn't really have low prices, they MAY have low prices when you use a promo code (first time usage), but even then their prices are maybe on par to what you can get from any other store (Newegg, Fry's etc). And I'm not going to make multiple accounts to try to cheat the system, so there's no reason for me to use Jet at all.

Lmao, did anyone look up Acorns? They want your bank account and SSN because you are signing up to have your spare change siphoned off to be invested as mirco investments in funds.

Back