Jeff Bezos Is Building A 10,000 Year Clock

Why's he making a thousand year clock when the world bearly has one year left?

from article said:
Consider this: 10,000 years ago, our ancestors had barely begun making the transition from hunting and gathering to simple agriculture, and had just figured out how to cultivate gourds to use as bottles. What if those people had built a machine, set it in motion, and it was still running today? Would we understand how to use it? What would it tell us about them?

I dunno about the rest of you but it'd just tell me what time it is now.

I laughed a little because you used profanity to assert your point...yet you have been here for 9 months.

I didn't realize one could only read and view this website if they had an account.

I guess all those years of simply lurking and not posting have taught me NOTHING. As clearly all of my knowledge regarding this website reset the day I created an account.

:rolleyes:

I didn't realize one could only read and view this website if they had an account.

I guess all those years of simply lurking and not posting have taught me NOTHING. As clearly all of my knowledge regarding this website reset the day I created an account.

A born again [H]! ;) I know I lurked for years and read the news only for over a decade.

:rolleyes:

Don't worry about it.

The stupidity of a person who's measuring your experience by how long you've been a member is.....well, immeasurable.

Don't worry about it.

The stupidity of a person who's measuring your experience by how long you've been a member is.....well, immeasurable.

Actually, how long you've been a member is the most reliable figure we have for experience in any sense. Sure, you might not be active over the span of six years, and you might be a really active lurker, but let's be real. Anyone can claim to be a long-time lurker. Hey, I've lurked for a million years. Underground. With one ring to rule them all.

Totally besides the point. The point is, double-clicking is an annoyance. I appreciate that it might help pay for the site, but that doesn't make it any less irksome.

Back