JEDEC Publishes GDDR5X Specifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Joined
Aug 20, 2006
Messages
13,000
JEDEC, the major semiconductor engineering trade organization that sets standards for DRAM, has finalized the specification for GDDR5X, which will feature double the bandwidth of GDDR5 with lower power consumption.

As opposed to a 32 Bit wide memory access of GDDR5, the GDDR5X supports 64 Bit wide (double the prefetch) memory access, theoretically doubling the memory bandwidth. Keep in mind however that voltages will remain exactly the same. Although the foot print or the real estate taken by the memory (something which was one of the problems associated with GDDR5), on the card itself, will halve in size – thanks to the fact that Micron has managed to double the density of GDDR5.
 
looking forward to dumping my MSI GTX 980 ti's

Tired of the fan noise and high idle temps in SLI
 
pretty damn ironic coming from you. :rolleyes:


Well the misterboobby troll is here to justify his purchase once again. Let me let you in on a secret . I own two 980s and two 980 ti's and the 980 ti's run hot.

My comment is valid so if you dont like it go move on somewhere else and troll another user on this forum.
You have a huge history of it especially when it comes to the 980ti
:rolleyes:;)
 
Well the misterboobby troll is here to justify his purchase once again. Let me let you in on a secret . I own two 980s and two 980 ti's and the 980 ti's run hot.

My comment is valid so if you dont like it go move on somewhere else and troll another user on this forum.
You have a huge history of it especially when it comes to the 980ti
:rolleyes:;)
I am not trying to justify anything. I am just trying to figure out what the hell your comment about your cards running hot and noisy have anything thing to do with this thread about JDEC GDDR5X specs. :rolleyes:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
GDDR5x will run faster and cooler and once Pascal is released using this type of Vram it will make a huge difference in performance and energy efficiency

I will be the first to tell everyone the 980ti will get dumped ASAP and I dont care..

i will be on newegg.com website refreshing the page at 2am to get Pascal in spring 2016 and once again look forward to a PC that doesnt have components running at 91c
 
GDDR5x will run faster and cooler and once Pascal is released using this type of Vram it will make a huge difference in performance and energy efficiency

I will be the first to tell everyone the 980ti will get dumped ASAP and I dont care..

i will be on newegg.com website refreshing the page at 2am to get Pascal in spring 2016 and once again look forward to a PC that doesnt have components running at 91c
this is not about Pascal and the power savings that gddr5x has over gddr5 is minuscule. basically you are just looking for any chance you can get to let us know you are tired of the 980 ti cards no matter how irrelevant.
 
... It didn't even take a single page of posts for the childish bickering to start this time.
 
GDDR5x will run faster and cooler and once Pascal is released using this type of Vram it will make a huge difference in performance and energy efficiency

I will be the first to tell everyone the 980ti will get dumped ASAP and I dont care..

i will be on newegg.com website refreshing the page at 2am to get Pascal in spring 2016 and once again look forward to a PC that doesnt have components running at 91c
Hey why not wait a bit to see how Polaris does.?
 
... It didn't even take a single page of posts for the childish bickering to start this time.


And we have a winner..These two, along with a third Prime member, are the reason I tend to loathe going into the Nvidia sub-forum...They are like two co-workers that have an odd sexual attraction that neither knows how to handle:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p...


Hey why not wait a bit to see how Polaris does.?

I can tell you haven't been in the Nvidia sub-forum much since you have been here:eek::eek::eek:....

I'll give you a clue..Cut either one and they will bleed green, not the red the rest of us do;)..
 
And we have a winner..These two, along with a third Prime member, are the reason I tend to loathe going into the Nvidia sub-forum...They are like two co-workers that have an odd sexual attraction that neither knows how to handle:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p...




I can tell you haven't been in the Nvidia sub-forum much since you have been here:eek::eek::eek:....

I'll give you a clue..Cut either one and they will bleed green, not the red the rest of us do;)..

Didn't know... It's nonsense to me to be ' fan' of hardware.. I do want AMD to make it.. They are in ICU on a respirator and heart machine pretty much, I think they have much to offer yet.
On topic... Great about the new ddr, hopefully both implement it quick... What I don't get hbm2 is that used or can it be used in conjunction with ddr5 ? Or is this an either or deal?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top