Java Doesn't Work Right With My Computer...

JOKER_JOKER

Limp Gawd
I've had my computer for about 6 months now and I realized that some programs will just freeze up my computer when I try to load them. To name a few, the games on the website Pogo.com, Limewire, and a physics program called Phet. I tried to install Phet yesterday when my computer froze, and since then I've been thinking about whats wrong with my computer. I've re-installed Windows twice since I built my computer, so it has to be something wrong with the hardware. Then I thought to myself, and I'm pretty sure all of these programs are written in Java. Does the problem lie within my hard drive, or my RAM?

EDIT: Add a game called Ski Stunt Simulator to that list.

YES, as a matter of fact I do!

No jk. It seems that my software firewall (Zone Alarm) was clashing with Java. I had to uninstall it. It never occurred to me that this would be the problem, since some of the things that wouldn't run didn't have to connect to the interwebs.

JOKER_JOKER said:
YES, as a matter of fact I do!

No jk. It seems that my software firewall (Zone Alarm) was clashing with Java. I had to uninstall it. It never occurred to me that this would be the problem, since some of the things that wouldn't run didn't have to connect to the interwebs.

I had lots of problems like this with Zone Alarm. It just didn't play nice w/ some programs... soooooo I stopped using it. Just outta curiosity... what firewalls does anyone else use? I'm using Sygate Personal now.

Jason

Back