Java Developer

hitokiri

Limp Gawd
I've been trying to find out what the avg salary for a Java Developer position is in NYC. There seems to be many different websites out that that has this, however they all seem to use the same database or something. They all use the same UI for the most part, and the results are the same. The results given seem to be high, which if true is a good thing. However, i'm looking at these statistics and looking at actual job ads. The results seem to be really different. Job ads show 40-45k (when they show it), whereas the calculators show 70k.

Anyone by chance know what the actual going rate for Java Developers are right now in the city for a entry level position?

No, I, and most of us here, do not know how much the average Java developer makes in your city.

Why don't you physically conduct your own experiment; Go around and ask from company to company if your that intrigued or mentally skilled to work in the profession. This will give you exact figures and take about 15 seconds worth of human interaction rather than hours of internet research.

I know its nice to look online for broad scales, but sometimes things are actually easier without the internet ;)

Best of luck

Word of advice (well, several words, i suppose): do not trust the online "salary calculators" like salary.com -- they seem to be off by a lot (high, i think)

In most places, entry level for a developer is about 50-55k if they know their stuff and have experience under their belt (coop/internships, etc). It can be lower (45k or so), depending on the developer's skills. Like the previous poster said, no one here will know exactly what you'll get from who as it varies from company to company and place to place. Mikeblas might help if he chimes in here -- he's in a position where he hires ppl.

Back