• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Java crashing my sytem

ike989

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Oct 23, 2005
Messages
1,763
I'm having a problem with different Java apps and games crashing my system.

AMD Opteron 144 (not oc'ed at the moment)
ASRock Dual-SATA II w/ OWC B2
OCW Platinum 2.5-3-2-5
ASUS Radeon X1900XT CC 6.3 drivers, no chuck patch
WD 160gm IDE
Windows XP Pro w/ SP2

I open either a web page or my wife's Yahoo games and the machine will lock up for approx 1.5 seconds. Then it just reboots. Nothing to close, stop, no error reporting on reboot. After searching the net for a solution, I'm empty handed.

So I did a fresh install on Windows, loaded all updates, new ATI driver (6.7 down to 6.3). And then I get the same problem. Just poof, CRASH!!!

Please help me figure this one out. I would be going insane now if it wasn't for my friends, Jim Beam and Sam Adams, keeping me company.
 
Maybe you're getting blue screens of death that are being masked by reboots.

Turn off automatic reboot on error.

Go the System properties (right click My Computer -> Properties, or System under Control panel) -> Advanced tab -> click on Startup and Recovery -> uncheck "Automatically restart"

And also, check the event viewer for any possible relevant log information.
 
Back
Top