Jaton 6800 gt for 319.99 from buy.com

You can put it in the cart with the 10% off coupon listed in the XFX 6800GT thread and have it show up as $287.99 :) Not sure if it qualifies since it isn't in stock, but it works in the basket anyway.

Jaton currently lists no 6800GT model on their website, though.

Tempting to try it...

It's from buy.com. I have no experiance but many people buy their stuff from them so I believe this deal is legit it's just a preorder

umbra said:
It's from buy.com. I have no experiance but many people buy their stuff from them so I believe this deal is legit it's just a preorder

Buy.com is legit. I've bought stuff from them since 1998. They just have bad ratings on resellerratings.com because they don't take back stuff you break.

Well now we know buy.com is legit now what about Jaton. Has anybody bought one of their products. I did some reserach on the part number and all the pricegrabbers and checkers are saying that it does exist but is not yet available. here is a link that shows a pic of the box and that it is not yet available http://geek.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=3073885 which further proves this is a serious deal

umbra said:
Well now we know buy.com is legit now aht about Jaton. Has anybody bought one of their products. I did some reserach on the part number and all the pricegrabbers and checkers are saying that it does exist but is not yet available. here is a link that shows a pic of the box and that it is not yet available http://geek.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=3073885 which further proves this is a serious deal
Jaton's been doing OEM for many vendors longer than Buy.com's been in business. I've never used one of their cards though.

lists on geek.pricegrabber with 256 ram and buy.com says 256 and gt

OK.. Again with the.. "They don't even have plans for a GT..."

Take a look at the this PDF from their own documentation:

Click and read page 12...

Through this documentation it refers to the 6800 series cards, and mentions the GTs and Ultras by name and part number, as well.

So relax a little on the they don't have anything about a GT part on their site. Taiwanese manufacturers of budget parts often don't update their English based sites and docs very regularly.

Now I don't have any idea what the plans for the 6800 GT, and a street date from Jaton or anything, but it is clearly mentioned in that pdf.

Well I just ordered one. They absolutely rape you on shipping charges though! The lowest (3-5) days was over $20 ($21.54), 2 day would have been over $40 and 1 day was over $60 just for shipping!!! Crazy. Total ended up being $309.54 with the 10% off coupon. I'm not complaining - I wouldn't have ordered it if I didn't think it was a good deal! :D

Really was trying to find an X800 Pro Vivo and flash it, as the performance would have been better in every game but D3. But then I looked at the benchmarks of two of the most demanding games out now, Far Cry & DOOM3 and realized that at the highest details, 1280*1024 and even with full FSAA/AF enabled, the only game demanding enough to give you unplayable framerates was DOOM3, which was optimized for nVidia! Plus you get PS3.0 with the nVidia line.

Only thing I'm worried about is the power reqs in this SFF, but we'll just have to see.

Ewww... A Jaton... I remember when I was a teenager ordering from TigerDirect (there's a real winner) - they always had the cheapest cards - and it showed. They're crap quality - you pay for what you get.

Thank god for NewEgg.

OK, I'm in a tussle with their customer service, as the on-line status of my order indicates that it is a total of $309 something. Yet the email I received indicates the below price of $341. When I emailed them about the price difference, they responded that they were taking $10 off instead of 10% off. I'm still waiting for the reply as to what the exact charge amount would be.

URG :mad:

Placed Friday, August 20, 2004. If your order requires shipment, we will send you an email as soon as those items ship.

sku: 82032244
description: take 10 OFF your Buy.com purchase: valid in All Stores (Limit: one digital coupon per person. Coupon cannot be replaced if lost or deleted. Only valid to customers who have received the e-mail, $500.00 maximum spend may be applied, up to a $50.00 coupon
qty: 1
unit price: $0.00
item total: $0.00
---------------------------------------------------------

sku: 10374875
description: Jaton NVidia GeForce 6800 GT 256DDR VGA/TV/DVI/AGP8X
unit price: $319.99
item total: $319.99

=========================================================
Subtotal: $319.99
Shipping & Handling: $21.55
Tax: $0.00
TOTAL: $341.54

xram said:
Ewww... A Jaton... I remember when I was a teenager ordering from TigerDirect (there's a real winner) - they always had the cheapest cards - and it showed. They're crap quality - you pay for what you get.

Thank god for NewEgg.
Yes, because the name brand totally changes the core and PCB it uses... :rolleyes: Whatever. Feel free to pay your $200 premium for an ASUS - that's what keeps them in business. I'll take some of the money I saved and slap on one of the new Arctic coolers and I'll still be saving a ton of money!

mdaniel, you screwed up and didn't apply the coupon. Doh!

Pay more attention when you read, the coupon was applied and the online status indicates that it was applied. The confirmation email even mentions the coupon, but the amount didn't change to the $309 total. Below is the excerpt about the coupon that was included in the confirmation email.

sku: 82032244
description: take 10 OFF your Buy.com purchase: valid in All Stores (Limit: one digital coupon per person. Coupon cannot be replaced if lost or deleted. Only valid to customers who have received the e-mail, $500.00 maximum spend may be applied, up to a $50.00 coupon
unit price: $0.00
item total: $0.00

My bad, will have to look at the e-mail when I get home. 10% off SKU may be linked to Syclone's e-mail. That's BS that $309.54 is what shows in the cart, though. May have to cancel this one...

TheAnkh said:
OK.. Again with the.. "They don't even have plans for a GT..."

Take a look at the this PDF from their own documentation:

Click and read page 12...

I wasn't saying anything about the future. But if you buy that card...right now...its a regular 6800.

Look at the MFG part number on buy.com and compare it to jaton.com

They dont have a listing for anything other than the regular 6800 128MB DDR as of right now.

MSRP is $299 on jatons site. I just dont want anyone getting robbed.

Well I checked my order receipt and bottom line it says:

Jaton NVidia GeForce 6800 GT 256DDR VGA/TV/DVI/AGP8X
Total $309.54

mdaniel maybe it was only a one time use coupon? Try checking the on-line status and see what the invoice reads. If they try and stiff you, I did find this $15 off coupon, good until 8/31 if you are a new customer: http://www.buy.com/retail/coupon.asp?prid=88301879&dcaid=1688 Just start an account if you're not. Total would be ~$325, but that's still a steal for a 6800 GT

dolphumous you may be right and I am checking the part numbers now. Will confirm with Buy.com CS to see what the deal is. But also keep in mind that on-line stores generally sell for well below the MSRP and this is also a pre-order, so it is definitely possible this is a GT. If it turns out it's not, I'm cancelling my order. Worst case scenario, they're going to be refunding my money + shipping. Will be content with my 9800 Pro -> XT for awhile, otherwise I wouldn't be going for a pre-order.

This isn't the first time buy.com listed 6800 cards very cheap. Last month they had the PNY 6800 for $250.99 and the PNY 6800GT for $329.99.

http://www.jaton.com.au/main/NVIDIAAGP.htm

It might be this card: http://www.jaton.com.au/VIDEOCARDS/JATONPAGES/6800_GT_256_SPECS.htm or this one http://www.jaton.com.au/VIDEOCARDS/JATONPAGES/6800_256_SPECS.htm (both say 256MB, there might be mistakes in the description)

Call buy.com and ask for the manufacturer's part number. If it's the VF6800-8A256TD, it's a 6800NU 256MB. If it's the VF6800GT-8A256TD, it's a 6800GT. If it's neither, it might be a 6800NU 128MB. I wouldn't worry about it being a Jaton since all boards are still reference design anyways. Jaton doesn't manufacture video cards.

Those links say DDR2, maybe they are cutting costs by using DDR2 instead of DDR3. What kind of difference do you guys think that would make?

psychofunk said:
Those links say DDR2, maybe they are cutting costs by using DDR2 instead of DDR3. What kind of difference do you guys think that would make?
There are mistakes in the descriptions like I mentioned. It's either going to use DDR1 or DDR3 for the 6800NU and only GDDR3 on the GT/Ultra. Look at the main page I linked and in the manual linked in another post.

I cancelled it. Between the price screwup and the possibility that it is not a GT...I'm not that desperate.

is not right - I looked and found the PNY 6800 nu there with the 10% coupon it's 259.00 shipping and handling is only 6.37 versus >20 bucks for the Jaton???

Must be a typ-o.

Me:
"Customer support agent, Is this the 6800 GT model? The description
says: Jaton NVidia GeForce 6800 GT 256DDR VGA/TV/DVI/AGP8X, but the
Mfg Part#: 3DFORCE6800

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10374875&loc=101&hdwt=22114&sp=1"

"Thank you for your interest in Buy.com and its diverse offering
of merchandise. Because of the vast inventory we do carry, we
do not have any additional product information other than what
is available in our product descriptions shown on our website.

We apologize for any inconvenience. However, you can contact
the manufacturer directly for additional product and compatibility
information. We are happy to provide you with a link to the
manufacturer's
website and from there you can request additional information
for their products.

www.jatoncorp.com

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience. Please let us know
if you have any further questions."
After reading that, I asked them how am I supposed to buy something, if they don't even know what they are selling? The e-mail they sent me also did not reflect the discount that my on-line receipt shows when I log into my account. Told them to cancel my order and that I would reorder when my questions were answered. That's BS.

Update: Checked my bank account and they charged me $309.54. At least that part is good... Assumed it was an error in their e-mail system.

There is a "Jaton Nvidia Geforce 6800 GT". the SKU is 10374875 listed at 319.99.. My question is this really a GT as the Mfg Part# 3DFORCE6800 is for a plain 6800 not a GT can you give me info on this and is the 10% coupon good for this purchase?

Thank you for contacting Buy.com.

Thank you for your interest in Buy.com and its diverse offering
of merchandise.
Because of the vast inventory we do carry, we do not have any
additional technical information other than what is available
in our product descriptions shown on our website. We apologize
for any inconvenience. However, you can contact the manufacturer
directly for additional technical and compatibility information.

And, regarding your concern related with coupon, we are unsure
about the coupon to which you're referring. If you could please
provide us with detailed information about the coupon you are
trying to use, we will gladly investigate this for you.

Please include the coupon title, expiration date, and store(s)
in which the coupon is valid. Thanks for your help and patience.

Please feel free to e-mail us if you have any further questions
or concerns.

Thank you again for writing to Buy.com.

Sincerely,

Team Buy.com
www.buy.com

I can't believe that using Buy.com's own part number they can give me NO info on the product they are offering.. They either don't care what they sell or ? I will leave the thoughts up to the rest of you, I really wanted to order.. even the 10% coupon at risk!

I can't believe I had to re register here so I get to be a noob again lol

MemoryInAGarden said:
I'm still wagering that this a GT. I think they just forgot to leave the 3 off the DDR.
I agree the title normally supercedes everything else. However, since it's on pre-order, I'm going to take the time to get confirmation. If I miss out - oh well.

Salisa that has to be an auto-response. Some companies do that and an actual human being won't read it until you reply to it. Hopefully I will get something resembling intelligent thought when they reply.

...as for the coupon, it does work, because it was applied when they charged my bank account. The real concern is getting a 6800GT for cheap or an overpriced 6800nu.

Well it couldn't be a total auto response they answered two different questions.. While it maybe be a canned response it leaves alot to be said on what they think of their customers in general

I would love to order this but the fact of the matter is the mfg they list for this card is in fact the same part number for the plain jane 6800 and that is a fact bore out on Jatons own website

Just wondering if anyone actually tried to contact jaton as buy.com suggested? They should be able to tell you if they're shipping the cards to them.

Salisa said:
Well it couldn't be a total auto response they answered two different questions.. While it maybe be a canned response it leaves alot to be said on what they think of their customers in general

I would love to order this but the fact of the matter is the mfg they list for this card is in fact the same part number for the plain jane 6800 and that is a fact bore out on Jatons own website
True, not a total auto-response, but definitely some check boxes involved or cut'n'paste.

Jaton does not list that part number anywhere on their web-site. However most of their cards are listed as 3DForce[mfg model number]. On the other hand, the only card I see on their USA site is a 128MB version and talks alot about the 6800 series. More I look at this, the more I think this could go either way.

Wow Spleeze, I just stopped to send an e-mail to Jaton asking exactly that, before posting this. Trippy - you read my mind.:cool: Will let you guys know what they say.

please note it is the very first offering..

http://db.jaton.com/asp/AGP_8x.asp

as this is the same heading used by buy.com you can see the actual product has 128 meg only not 256 and is a plain 6800

opps me bad I misread your post plz forgive me sorry edit

edit again hey did you read buy.com's return policy its scary has anyone returned anything to them that was a mislabel and actually gotten all their money back?

Jaton:
3DForce 6800 (New) nVIDIA GeForce 6800 AGP 8X, AGP 3.0 Supported. 128MB DDR onboard.

Buy.com:
Jaton NVidia GeForce 6800 GT 256DDR VGA/TV/DVI/AGP8X - 3DFORCE6800 [<---series??!!]

Jaton.com.au:
http://www.jaton.com.au/VIDEOCARDS/JATONPAGES/6800_GT_256_SPECS.htm
Coming soon ^

Would Buy.com even sell for more than the MSRP, not to mention from a poorly known brand as Jaton? If anything you'd think they'd price it lower.

Salisa, ya read one of the first posts in this thread. Their reseller rating is horrible for the return side. Probably a good thing to make sure before commiting to this one.

Anyway, all speculation, let's just wait for their replies. :)

Reply from Buy.com:

"We really appreciate your feedback! We work hard to ensure success
and like to hear from our valued customers. We would like to
inform you that we have forwarded the issue to the concern department.
We hope the issue will be resolved soon."
How is that for customer service... eh... EH??

Jaton NVidia GeForce 6800 128DDR RGB/TV/DVI/AGP8X - 3DFORCE6800

Item#: CQ6346
Our Price: $319.99

Well, buy.com has edited the product description to that of the 128MB version. Dispute resolved and am glad I cancelled my order.

They already changed the description on the item. It's a regular 6800.

We were all right. Well the ppl that thought there was no way in hell this was a 6800GT were right. :-D

Hopefully this thread will slowly die now...

Thank you for contacting buy.com.

This email is in reference to your email regarding error in part
number for Jaton Nvidia 6800 GT.

We would like to inform you that according to our records there
is an item " Jaton NVidia GeForce 6800 128DDR RGB/TV/DVI/AGP8X
- 3DFORCE6800" for the SKU#10374875.

We have also checked on the manufacturer's site. According to
that, the item is listed as "3DForce 6800 (New)" instead of
"Jaton Nvidia 6800 GT".

Hey someone actually finally answered me ,, I guess i bugged them enough me 1 buy.com 0

Back