Japanese Hologram Rocks Sold Out Concert

Anyone read Idoru by William Gibson?

That what I was thinking totally and Idoru from Gibson's book but the Idoru idea Gibson got from the Anime Mega Zone 23. Still awsome see another of Gibson'ss fictional ideas come to life like his predictions of the internet in his books.

This really sickens me. Perhaps I'm looking at it in the wrong way.

1. Are the Japanese going to have sex with Anime next - they're just so in love with Anime figures?
Yuck.

Too late. I saw a documentary where there are houses that cater to men that want to have sex with Anime girls. I have to say, some of them were pretty kinky. lol:p

Japan always does crazy stuff.
And somehow challenge the physics... gt-r r35 0-100 3.2s (its a tank, really heavy)
They have tv on smart phones, subway ticket system built into phones.

Shops where they sell all kind of chips, like candy shops, just with resistors, chips... heaven!

That's kind of cool. I would have liked it if she morphed into a big dragon or something. It was a little boring just seeing a "woman" singing.

I thought it looked 3D enough for me. I didn't know you could paint a 3D-like image on glass like that. Could you take a column composed of layers of glass where each layer had difference polarizations so that you could project a true 3D image on there by drawing it layer by layer with images of differently oriented light?

Doesn't she go by the name of Justin Bieber here in the USA?
?!

I thought Justin Bieber was male...

Originally I thought Justin Bieber was female because of some HardOCP article about top female celebrities, but when I asked this question everyone was like "dood, wtf, Justin Bieber is male; what are you smoking?"

?!

Originally I thought Justin Bieber was female because of some HardOCP article about top female celebrities, but when I asked this question everyone was like "dood, wtf, Justin Bieber is male; what are you smoking?"

Justin Bieber also goes by Miley Cyrus, your confusion is understandable.

This is in a country where the men date electronic avatars and not real women. Sad.

The jury is still out on that decision. :p

?!

I'm not sure if the display is just a simple piece of glass - there is at least one circular reflection (a glow necklace?) that is doubled, and the two seem a fare distance apart, maybe couple inches. Maybe makes it look more 3D?

I'd love to check it out myself, see how good it looks in person, upfront and then towards the sides.

Is the hologram out for the whole concert, or is this just a gimmick for the band? Maybe she does a couple numbers.

Wow, that's a lot of frustration? I kinda feel sorry for you if that's how you think when you see a forum comment and completely misinterpret it.
He's not talking about why the concert exists, obviously to make money. What he's talking about, is that there's a market for such a spectacle, which does indeed say a lot about the culture.
Make no mistake - this concert, is ridiculous. The audience interaction (normally reserved for the recognition of an actual performer) speaks volumes. The concept of a concert is that it is live, and also I guess, the social experience for some. This takes out the entire live aspect. While in the future I can see such a spectacle occurring with an interactive and 'live' stage performance, but that is not what 'this' is, and I wonder who would pay for such a scene. The person you quoted thought the same, as a rational and logical person. This is ridiculous.

I'm sure we could rig up a spinning HardOCP logo and you could beat your hands to it in tune with every rotation, now THAT'S a concert!~

Right, now I'm upset, apparently? Because I obviously went over how 'sickened' I was, amirite?

No, man.

Currently I'm pondering how it is that you're trying to tell me that the Japanese female, according to you and Taer, no longer has any sex appeal. That is what you're saying that the Japanese are saying, right? You're saying that because of this one show they did out of the tens of thousands of concerts held in Japan that now Japanese females are no longer viable for concerts? How can they be? Or they would have put a Japanese female in the concert! :eek:

Because that's what it sounds like with this. "Lol they're so in luv with them I think they want to have sex with them" and "Lol wut wud Jesse James the Texan think if he saw this crap"

That show is ridiculous because they chose an animated girl instead of a real one? Seriously? Here's a shock to your system. Brace yourself. Are you holding on to your arm rests? You have your Will filled out, right?

:eek: Different cultures are different. :eek:

It's not ridiculous. It's ridiculous, TO YOU. (And many like you, and even I'm on that road, though, nowhere near you.) That show is not for the majority of Japan and has no function on their females beauty or singing and dancing skills. Comprende?

The Japanese have a lot of things that make me facepalm. (Some show in this thread.) As do many other cultures, but you know what I facepalm the most over? The United States. There are SOME wtfjapan sites, one shown earlier. You want some wtfUSA sites? Go onto 4chan and ask for some. You'll be in your computer chair for days. If you even need some my best friend collects them. They have nothing on us. Just google 'Alvin Green' who ran for South Carolina senate. To be associated with that man by proxy of even living in the same country as him and sharing the same air as him shames me.

I'm just gonna assume that this is some kinda kids' concert thing since we pretty much have similar shows in the US that no grown person would attend without their children. They could probably fire the people that play the Doodlebops (spelling?), just project their likeness on a screen and kids wouldn't know any better.

The best part of seeing people live in concert is that you know they're actually performing; seeing a projected image with a pre-recorded, auto-tuned voice is the same as going to any American pop concert where Justin Beiber or Brittany Spears dances around on a stage and sings along with their vocal track.

Face it, if you think this is cool then you like Justin Beiber. :D

I'm just gonna assume that this is some kinda kids' concert thing since we pretty much have similar shows in the US that no grown person would attend without their children. They could probably fire the people that play the Doodlebops (spelling?), just project their likeness on a screen and kids wouldn't know any better.

The best part of seeing people live in concert is that you know they're actually performing; seeing a projected image with a pre-recorded, auto-tuned voice is the same as going to any American pop concert where Justin Beiber or Brittany Spears dances around on a stage and sings along with their vocal track.

Face it, if you think this is cool then you like Justin Beiber. :D

I agree. This is no different then having a 'real' star like like Beiber prance around on the stage lip-syncing. In fact, most bands these days typically never perform live at concerts anymore. They lip sync, and act like they are into it.

Honestly, there isn't much difference. The only difference here is that it is made completely obvious that the production company is the puppet master. Where as many are fooled as to what tools like Beiber actually are. They seem to think that Beiber actually writes his songs, and is actually as talented as he is.

It's sad either way. Of course, when the audience is 11 year old boys/girls I don't think anyone really cares.

And yes, I also agree with another poster that it seems like Japanese people in particular seem to hate their own real image. I've never seen a people so fascinated with non-reality representations of themselves.

its entertainment.

people paid money to see it.

people are happy.

no one, animal, human or otherwise, to my knowledge, was harmed in the making of this entertainment.

so that said....

WHY IS THIS SUCH A HORRIBLE THING TO EVERYONE!?

FFS, there is WORSE out there. home grown WTF'ery. this? this is tame. TAME.

I swear, some of you around here aren't happy if its not a school girl covered in tentacles.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I don't give a crap about the whole 3d hologram thing. Am I the only one that noticed that the bass guitarist was fucking like Les Claypool good? I saw the drummer and the lead guitar playing. So I will assume that the bassist was real also.

Listen to the bass line in that song again. Wow, talk about propping up a band.

I can't judge, at least that "musician" has an off switch, too bad over here they simply won't go away after their concerts. No more Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, or any other annoying twit.

I know the comment was intended as a joke. But since a hologram is emotionless. There's no way I as an audience can connect to the song and enjoy the show. Leve me with a flawed temperamental singer any time.

Forget whaqt I said, this show is as interesting and conecting as High fructose corn syrup. If I worry i can always sing my own songs. Human lack of foresight is as austounding as the prevalence of technology that gives the idea of some progress.

Right, now I'm upset, apparently? Because I obviously went over how 'sickened' I was, amirite?

No, man.

Currently I'm pondering how it is that you're trying to tell me that the Japanese female, according to you and Taer, no longer has any sex appeal. That is what you're saying that the Japanese are saying, right? You're saying that because of this one show they did out of the tens of thousands of concerts held in Japan that now Japanese females are no longer viable for concerts? How can they be? Or they would have put a Japanese female in the concert! :eek:

Because that's what it sounds like with this. "Lol they're so in luv with them I think they want to have sex with them" and "Lol wut wud Jesse James the Texan think if he saw this crap"

That show is ridiculous because they chose an animated girl instead of a real one? Seriously? Here's a shock to your system. Brace yourself. Are you holding on to your arm rests? You have your Will filled out, right?

It's not ridiculous. It's ridiculous, TO YOU. (And many like you, and even I'm on that road, though, nowhere near you.) That show is not for the majority of Japan and has no function on their females beauty or singing and dancing skills. Comprende?

The Japanese have a lot of things that make me facepalm. (Some show in this thread.) As do many other cultures, but you know what I facepalm the most over? The United States. There are SOME wtfjapan sites, one shown earlier. You want some wtfUSA sites? Go onto 4chan and ask for some. You'll be in your computer chair for days. If you even need some my best friend collects them. They have nothing on us. Just google 'Alvin Green' who ran for South Carolina senate. To be associated with that man by proxy of even living in the same country as him and sharing the same air as him shames me.

Thank you.

I get a little bothered at all the ethnocentrism I see around here sometimes. :(

Should have been death metal IMO. The only part I found creepy was the lack of misery in the music :)

No, man.

Ok, again, this is ridiculous because a pre-rendered animation is being treated as a person. Fact.
No people evolved to treat pre-rendered 3D images as people or as an idol. Fact.
These people here are doing that. Fact.

While I can imagine in the future a dynamic AI, with some advanced sensory interface will become an entertainment icon, this is not that.
I have no clue what you're prattling on about sex, male, female, w/e, that has no application to anything I've said.

With that said, my original point was, for anyone to treat this as anything more then animation is ridiculous. From the video, it looks like people in the audience aren't just looking at an animation. There in lies the problem. Also the absurdity. If you do not realize this ridiculous on the level of mankind, then my words are wasted.

Nothing I've said is about bashing a culture, a people, a race, it's about how ridiculous this is. But I guess if you took what I said and applied it to the Japanese culture (as the audience is a part of that culture) then you might surmise the culture has warped into some bizarre social construct as to allow people to blur the lines of reality.

Sure the culture might be different, but hey, I guess sacrificing people is fine, why not allow polygamy? Incest? Marrying your daughters? All cultural trends. Where's the line drawn? For me this is approaching a perversion on equal magnitude to the above, and is only to the detriment of that society. Of course it is a "victimless" perversion, but it may also develop into some sort of pacifier cultural behavior to replace normal human social interation/skills/everything else I can't think of on the spot.

Now, before you get your suspenders all up in a huff, try to think about how I am not trying to engage you in an argument, and how I am exploring the negative implications of such concerts and all branching forms of media. (Defending things is fine, but just make sure you're approaching the argument from all angles, not just one)

I don't really see a problem with this. No different than going to a regular concert. It just happens to be a digitized voice of Saki Fujita and 3D animation doing the singing/dancing/etc. Personally, I'd rather go to a Morning Musume or Berryz Kobo concert, but to each their own.

I'd much rather live in a population that enjoys things like a Hatsune Miku concert, than one where ppl get shot and killed over a gaming console.

Pretty cool. How is this any different than a Gorillaz concert?

I'm glad someone mentioned them. It's really not that different since their cartoons and music and they have somewhat of a huge following and a following in Japan.

Ok I have to say it ... just think she is as shallow as she is polite the perfect Japaneses woman. And they are fascinated by people who look different then normal.

I thought this was awesome! I was a little disappointed when I found out it was just a projection on glass, but still, gotta give it to the Japanese for the innovative use.

I don't really think this is removing the human element from musical entertainment, it's just another entertainment medium. There are a number of virtual bands already, Gorillaz and Metalocalypse are the two big ones that are coming to mind, and there isn't that much difference between them. I've been to a Metalocalypse concert (AWESOME btw) and it was neat to see the fans respond to both the virtual characters and the actual musicians with such enthusiasm, but I don't think it ever bordered on removing the human element from an entertainment medium. I think these people are just having a lot of fun watching a virtual character, seeing technology take entertainment to a new level, and just enjoying themselves. While technology may bring people together in one way, the buffer zone that separates human to human interaction is growing and will constantly grow. I think as long as people recognize that fact and maintain that human contact, stuff like this is fine and harmless. Sure, there's going to be those who exchange a virtual character, life, personality, etc, for the real thing, but that should not speak for technology as a whole.

Ok, again, this is ridiculous because a pre-rendered animation is being treated as a person. Fact.
No people evolved to treat pre-rendered 3D images as people or as an idol. Fact.
These people here are doing that. Fact.

While I can imagine in the future a dynamic AI, with some advanced sensory interface will become an entertainment icon, this is not that.
I have no clue what you're prattling on about sex, male, female, w/e, that has no application to anything I've said.

With that said, my original point was, for anyone to treat this as anything more then animation is ridiculous. From the video, it looks like people in the audience aren't just looking at an animation. There in lies the problem. Also the absurdity. If you do not realize this ridiculous on the level of mankind, then my words are wasted.

Nothing I've said is about bashing a culture, a people, a race, it's about how ridiculous this is. But I guess if you took what I said and applied it to the Japanese culture (as the audience is a part of that culture) then you might surmise the culture has warped into some bizarre social construct as to allow people to blur the lines of reality.

Sure the culture might be different, but hey, I guess sacrificing people is fine, why not allow polygamy? Incest? Marrying your daughters? All cultural trends. Where's the line drawn? For me this is approaching a perversion on equal magnitude to the above, and is only to the detriment of that society. Of course it is a "victimless" perversion, but it may also develop into some sort of pacifier cultural behavior to replace normal human social interation/skills/everything else I can't think of on the spot.

Now, before you get your suspenders all up in a huff, try to think about how I am not trying to engage you in an argument, and how I am exploring the negative implications of such concerts and all branching forms of media. (Defending things is fine, but just make sure you're approaching the argument from all angles, not just one)

Before you get back on your soapbox, read up on Miku.

I have to think the tabloids would hate this. Since the "performers" would be pre-rendered and their appearance and behavior strictly controlled,there wouldn't be any "wardrobe malfunctions",onstage antics,or pantyless partying. Hell,the Enquirer would go out of business!

Back