Japanese Famicon

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
So I'm looking at old Famicon games on eBay some are disk but some are cartridge. So we're the earliest games Disks were their two different system or was there a combo system for both Disks and cartridges? I suppose a simple YouTube video would sort it out.

There was an accessory for the Famicom called the Famicom Disk System. It was used for games that needed more storage and it had a better sound chip than the Famicom. If you're collecting Famicom games, it might be worth looking into picking up a FDS. If you want a combo unit, there is the Twin Famicom made by Sharp. Fair warning, there are known reliability problems with all FDS systems.

Keep in mind, the first gen famicom had RF out only, and it's tuned to Japanese TV frequencies. There's references our there that say there's a pot you can adjust to get it on a US TV channel, but it's still RF. And the controllers are 'permanently' connected and the cords are short.

If you can find an AV famicom, that's a better choice IMHO. That's what they called the NES 2 over here, looks kind of SNESy. The JPN units still work with the FDS.

So I'm looking at old Famicon games on eBay some are disk but some are cartridge. So we're the earliest games Disks were their two different system or was there a combo system for both Disks and cartridges? I suppose a simple YouTube video would sort it out.
I had the combo cart/disk system back in the day. My brother bought one when he was in China. It was a bright orange system made by Sharpe.

1000007732.jpg

Back