• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

jact

damn man.....this is cool as shit. i mean it's not really a big deal but something about those little bucks accumulating makes me want to keep playing cod 4 even when my a.d.d. gets the best of me.....this is awesome!!! it's almost like achievement points but achievement points that you can actually spend!!!!!!! :eek:
 
I was wondering about the legitimacy of this, and if the rewards were actually worth it. Seems really interesting! If only I had this a few years ago, when I put more hours into gaming than I did sleeping.. :p Being a Canadian, I will have to wait until they expand this outside the U.S.

Everyone who is using jact, please keep informing us of your experiences, as well as the stuff you have recieved from your points. :)

Start now, just save the points and don't spend them until they support those damn canadian people =p
 
damn man.....this is cool as shit. i mean it's not really a big deal but something about those little bucks accumulating makes me want to keep playing cod 4 even when my a.d.d. gets the best of me.....this is awesome!!! it's almost like achievement points but achievement points that you can actually spend!!!!!!! :eek:

SERIOUSLY! I've logged almost 300 hours in TF2! i keep saying to myself "gosh i should stop now" than i minimized the game and i have like 28,900 points and im like "oh well I'll just play till i get 29,000" and than i go a little past it and than i say to myself "ok now i have to get to 30,000" :p
 
yeah, this program is cool, I was using it for WoW and cod4. Now I can use it for l4d! I should really get back into tf2 too...
Takes forever to get points, but hey, least you're having fun while doing so.
 
$60 in 7 months... you should pack your bags and retire :)

They make money off of advertising. And they make it sound so simple and innocent.

When PC gamers use[...] the [...]service and program offered by JACT, it tracks the amount of time they spend playing games on their PC and awards them with BUX based on that time. Users can then spend their BUX in the JACT Mall on thousands of prizes ranging from new games and PC components to yoga mats and cook books.

The JACT service is funded through its initial investors and traditional site-based advertisements[...]. This enables JACT's advertising partners to target a precise user base and allow for their products and services to be sampled by a growing, interactive gamer community. Sponsors' products and services are then purchased by JACT users by redeeming the BUX they have earned simply for playing video games.

Source: Reuteurs article
ecstatic.gif
 
Guys, you can just sign up normally, no need to request invites here.
 
If they take an invite, the inviter gets credit, so they might as well take it from Brave or I...
 
Guys, you can just sign up normally, no need to request invites here.

but that doesn't give the company more business, this way i get more credits which gives them more money, plus i have TONS, mine as well do something.
 
i should have my first invite to give out by morning. :cool: i've been playing 24/7 killhouse hc ffa non-stop! keke
 
Can someone explain to me how this works? The website just says you register, install the software, and earn jact bux. It reminds me of underpants gnomes. Can someone explain the ??? step to me?
 
You just said it. Register, install the client, keep it running whenever you play. When you play, you earn "Points" aka BUX. When you accumulate a large number of points, you may spend them on real world items which will be shipped to you.
 
So, they don't advertise or anything? They don't upload any kind of stats? The program does something. I am wondering what that something is before I try it.

I googled it and found nothing. Everyone just says it works, but they don't know how it works. Their FAQ does not even tell you what it does. They are not just giving away stuff for free. It costs money on their end to buy the stuff in the first place. They are making money somehow, and that requires people to install their software then play games. I'd like to know what the software is doing to my computer before installing it.

My theory is it is running some kind of folding@home like thing using extra cpu cycles while we play games. Or maybe they are just lying and actually uploading personal info to sell to advertisement companies.
 
I just gave it a test drive when I played left 4 dead. Nothing wrong with it, barely obtrusive while in game. You seem to get about 60-70 points an hour. It may be a bit obtrusive if you're playing something like CS since it may block the ammo info. Didn't see anything suspicious.
 
$60 bucks for 7 months? I rather not take the risk of having higher ping (due to the uploading of stats), taking up memory, or risking my privacy
 
$60 bucks for 7 months? I rather not take the risk of having higher ping (due to the uploading of stats), taking up memory, or risking my privacy

Higher ping? This doesn't happen in real time, its all done in units. Do you also have gas masks and an underground escape tunnel at your house?
 
Higher ping? This doesn't happen in real time, its all done in units. Do you also have gas masks and an underground escape tunnel at your house?

Yes, I do, and I even sleep in a diamond encrusted, custom fit bed with enough oxygen that I refill once a week to last for two and a half months, and is locked from the inside. But it doesn't save my from potentially stolen SS and CC numbers.

And higher ping and memory usage.
 
the only game it has affected for me so far is oblivion. slows it WAYYYYY down, not sure why but it does.
 
I just saw this on some random gaming blog, pretty sweet deal! Now to get my TF2 mousepad, only 99hours left to go :p, assuming 100 points per hour.

If we're spreading around invites, I have some then.
 
the only game it has affected for me so far is oblivion. slows it WAYYYYY down, not sure why but it does.

Thats strange, It doesn't affect me in oblivion at all, im with a 6000+ along with a 9800GTX.
 
strangely yes, I've researched it, personally talked to the CEO of the company and he explained to me how he makes money, i've been using jact for about 7 months now and have made almost 60,000 points (approx $60.00) just for playing PC games.

i have also never gotten a single spam email, prank call, solicitor, rabies, virus, trojan and last i checked my family is living and happy too from installing their very professional software.

also, i dont work for this company...to be frank i dont want to.

LOL 7 months.. that's a long time to have to work/wait for $ to get "gear" or what ever.

I would just spend an extra 4 hours at work to get the $60 and get my gear faster
 
You are already doing the "work" though, but with Jact you get paid for it. :D
 
$60 bucks for 7 months? I rather not take the risk of having higher ping (due to the uploading of stats), taking up memory, or risking my privacy

lol, it doesn't affect your gameplay at all. it uploads after the game is closed and you click "Update".
 
LOL 7 months.. that's a long time to have to work/wait for $ to get "gear" or what ever.

I would just spend an extra 4 hours at work to get the $60 and get my gear faster

no one will hire me, im 16 so this is how I've been making money :)
 
Back
Top