Jack Thompson demands an early copy of Bully of he'll sue

That's entirely it. A federal Appeals Court last year affirmed that video games are protected expression under the First Amendment. That means that, no matter how many times Mr. Thompson sues or gets on CNN, a court can't ban or prevent the sale of a particular game. The only thing he can do is try to prevent sales to minors, an aim he probably can't even pursue through the courts because AFAIK there's no law in Florida banning such sales.

There is absolutely nothing Thompson can do through the courts. There's no way for him to make money with this. This is all about publicity, with the aim of getting legislation passed down the road.

Another thing I want to add even though its been said a million billion times before and will keep being said until these asshats get it

The responsibility for raising CHILDREN lies with the PARENTS. Who the hell is Jack (or anyone) to try and ENFORCE what they THINK is good/correct/morally acceptable for your kids. Seriously, fuck off. You can tell me what you think all day, I can ignore you. But when you go and try to get some kind of legal mandate to push your IDEAS/MORALS onto the rest of us, fuck you. Who the hell do you think you are? Did I elect you to protect my kids? I forgot that. You can talk all you want, spread your opinion far and wide, no problem with me, thats your right. When you try and restrict my rights, thats where the line gets drawn. I am responsible enough to watch out for my kids, if parents lack that ability then they need to get educated and start taking an interest in their kids. If they did that, well, what problems would ole Jacky boy have to cry about then?

Like I said, this has been said a zillion times before but I feel needs reiteration, just for old times sake.

Kristo said:
Another thing I want to add even though its been said a million billion times before and will keep being said until these asshats get it

The responsibility for raising CHILDREN lies with the PARENTS. Who the hell is Jack (or anyone) to try and ENFORCE what they THINK is good/correct/morally acceptable for your kids. Seriously, fuck off. You can tell me what you think all day, I can ignore you. But when you go and try to get some kind of legal mandate to push your IDEAS/MORALS onto the rest of us, fuck you. Who the hell do you think you are? Did I elect you to protect my kids? I forgot that. You can talk all you want, spread your opinion far and wide, no problem with me, thats your right. When you try and restrict my rights, thats where the line gets drawn. I am responsible enough to watch out for my kids, if parents lack that ability then they need to get educated and start taking an interest in their kids. If they did that, well, what problems would ole Jacky boy have to cry about then?

Like I said, this has been said a zillion times before but I feel needs reiteration, just for old times sake.

Yep, I have to give this a huge fuckin QFT!! Exactly my thought process/sentiments too. For real, too damn many people go around like that Mr. Thompson guy in various different ways for whaterver reasons for whatever subject you can think of.

If this idiot would just focus on stopping minors getting access to content that's already been classified for a certain age range then he might get at least some respect.

Obviously his viewpoint is somewhat different to ours, I'm sure he feel enlightend or something daft like that, but seriously he's probably been side by side with families who have lost someone close to them because of a senseless murder, in this respect we need to make sure that everyone stays mentally healthy and is introduced to adult themes only when they're ready to understand it.

It's only natural that those who have lost someone dear to them, seek some kind of explination and reason behind what happened, then try and make sure it doesn't happen agani. Unfortunatly these people are often quick to judge and let anger and emotion cloud their judgement, so we get people blaming games/movies and trying to take extreme action.

Mr Thompson seems to have a lot of energy and no matter how often I think he looks like a retard I can't also help thinking that maybe if he put his energy into aproaching the problem in a more sensible way that he might actually do some good.

Back