Iwill ZMAXdp SFF barbones kits

Slartibartfast

Supreme [H]ardness
Does anybody have any experience with these things? Geeks.com has them really cheap:

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=BLK-ZMAXDP&cat=BBK

Only $300 for the kit, includes the case, mobo, and psu. It doesn't have the greatest features ever - AGP, only supports 2gb RAM - but $300 is a decent price. I've been looking to upgrade to opteron 270's, so if I do that I may pick one of these up and drop my 248's in it. The psu is only 300 watts which makes me a tad nervous, but I have a Matrox G450 I could drop in as well to save on the power.

What do you guys think?

Hexus reviewed it a while back and seemed to like it. If you want dual-dual cores in a SFF box, it's pretty much the only game in town. Until Intel's quadcores arrive in a month or two, it'll be the most powerful machine of that size.

$300 sounds like a good price as well, compared to other shuttles.

I think chemist_slime (or something like that) has one, with the 270s even. If you search back in this forum you'll see his posts.

I couldn't resist the price, the red ones are $239+ship ($257 for me).. I can't wait to play with it, and figure out what the heck I'm gonna use it for.. maybe i'll stick it at a friends, and make a dr site for home.

Aronj66 said:
I couldn't resist the price, the red ones are $239+ship ($257 for me).. I can't wait to play with it, and figure out what the heck I'm gonna use it for.. maybe i'll stick it at a friends, and make a dr site for home.

Holy shit.... MUST RESIST!!!

I don't have one....but I have wanted one since they were announced. Really hope I can snag one at some point. Some people would have a heart attack if you told them a 300w PSU could run all that ;)

This isnt the one that chemist_slime has, his is the newer version with PCI-E

Just make sure your CPUs are supported, the ZmaxDP2 added support for some processors.

Oh yeah, they haven't made the rev 1s in awhile, and the DP2s have been EOLd. Get'em while you can folks, they won't be making anymore of these...EVER.

It's a shame too. I love my zmaxd2. It's tempting to buy another one. Great performer.... and it's totable (portable 4way powerhouse!).

Back