Apr 23, 2012 #1 A Arkanian [H]ard|Gawd Joined Feb 8, 2004 Messages 1,898 Pretty Obvious Question. Do I get a Ivy or Sandy-E? Maybe I should wait for Ivy-E? Budget for MOBO + CPU ~ 1200.
Pretty Obvious Question. Do I get a Ivy or Sandy-E? Maybe I should wait for Ivy-E? Budget for MOBO + CPU ~ 1200.
Apr 23, 2012 #2 D drescherjm [H]F Junkie Joined Nov 19, 2008 Messages 14,933 The answer depends on whether you can use the 6 cores of SB-E or want to run 3 or more GPUs.
Apr 23, 2012 #3 K krakerman Limp Gawd Joined Mar 29, 2010 Messages 458 Yeah, a little more information would help here...
Apr 23, 2012 #4 F Forceman [H]F Junkie Joined Aug 7, 2005 Messages 9,243 drescherjm said: The answer depends on whether you can use the 6 cores of SB-E or want to run 3 or more GPUs. Click to expand... And for most people the answer to those questions is no. So unless you are an edge-case user, you would proabbly be better off with Ivy.
drescherjm said: The answer depends on whether you can use the 6 cores of SB-E or want to run 3 or more GPUs. Click to expand... And for most people the answer to those questions is no. So unless you are an edge-case user, you would proabbly be better off with Ivy.
Apr 23, 2012 #5 MacLeod [H]F Junkie 2FA Joined Jul 28, 2009 Messages 8,430 I'd go with Ivy. At the end of the day, its the faster proc and for those very few things where you'll actually use 6 cores, the IB will still be plenty fast at them.
I'd go with Ivy. At the end of the day, its the faster proc and for those very few things where you'll actually use 6 cores, the IB will still be plenty fast at them.