• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

IVY Launch Date

JCNiest5

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Apr 25, 2005
Messages
4,141
Hello all, is Intel's Ivy platform still on pace to launch on the original date? First quarter of 2012, correct? SB-E's memory performance sucks compared to SB, so I kind of wonder how Ivy's memory will perform.
 
As far as I know, there is no "official" release date but the expected target is around spring of 2012. That'll also be the date I do my new build with Intel for the first time since 2001 unless AMD can pull something miraculous out of their asses before then.
 
Hello all, is Intel's Ivy platform still on pace to launch on the original date? First quarter of 2012, correct? SB-E's memory performance sucks compared to SB, so I kind of wonder how Ivy's memory will perform.

Nothing in these various links about socket 2011 support?

Is that still expected around Q4 2012? (Too long to wait ...)
 
Thanks for the update link above. That just means I will wait. I will tie my hands behind my back to not pull the trigger on anything else until Ivy comes.
 
Back
Top