Ivy Bridge Release Accelerated?

That's what I thought too. It almost seems like they're doing it to try to make up for the current fiasco. Actually, after re-reading it, it's just an "unveiling," probably not a release

That would be cool if Ivy Bridge got released a lot sooner :) that way I don't have to wait as long to get it though I still have to wait :(.

Cool. I can wait longer before the big upgrade. what was the increase in performance from Sandy to Ivy again?

Cool. I can wait longer before the big upgrade. what was the increase in performance from Sandy to Ivy again?

From what I've read its a pretty big jump. If I remember right they double the processing power that of SB because IB uses DX11 and also has some other physical features like on board memory that make it a lot faster. Not just because processing power will be more, but because it gets rid of a huge bottleneck between CPU and GPU.

From what I've read its a pretty big jump. If I remember right they double the processing power that of SB because IB uses DX11 and also has some other physical features like on board memory that make it a lot faster. Not just because processing power will be more, but because it gets rid of a huge bottleneck between CPU and GPU.

What? Oh my God, so much crap on a single post. Intel has had INTEGRATED MEMORY CONTROLER on the CPU, since Nehalem! And that "bottleneck" between the CPU and GPU you mention is no longer used since the Core 2 days. It's the FSB, Front Side Bus.

You think IB will be "double the processing power" of SB because of DX11? lol

I hope you're drunk or something because you couldn't be farther from the truth.

IB is expected to have a 10-20% increase in IPS (instructions per second), and the IGP will be up to 30% faster because of more EUs and and they will have DX11.

Saying IB will be double the processing power of SB is completely preposterous and only proves you know nothing about the things you talk about.

ON TOPIC: Ivy Bridge won't be coming any sooner, they are just announcing it. Think about it, Intel needs some good press right now, and this will divert the attention somewhere else.

Last edited:
What? Oh my God, so much crap on a single post. Intel has had INTEGRATED MEMORY CONTROLER on the CPU, since Nehalem! And that "bottleneck" between the CPU and GPU you mention is no longer used since the Core 2 days. It's the FSB, Front Side Bus.

You think IB will be "double the processing power" of SB because of DX11? lol

I hope you're drunk or something because you couldn't be farther from the truth.

IB is expected to have a 10-20% increase in IPS (instructions per second), and the IGP will be up to 30% faster because of more EUs and and they will have DX11.

Saying IB will be double the processing power of SB is completely preposterous and only proves you know nothing about the things you talk about.

ON TOPIC: Ivy Bridge won't be coming any sooner, they are just announcing it. Think about it, Intel needs some good press right now, and this will divert the attention somewhere else.

Did I ever say I knew this for sure? No I did not I said I think I remember reading it somewhere. I like how you go out of your way to say how much crap I'm full of when I didn't even say that it was all factual. Next time instead of being a complete dick, why don't you say "look, your post isn't all that factual, here are some links as to why what I say is" rather then going out of your way to show how "big" of an e-peen you have by bashing my post. Like I said I read it somewhere. I'll even go find it and post the link in my edit if you wish to read it for yourself.

Did I ever say I knew this for sure? No I did not I said I think I remember reading it somewhere. I like how you go out of your way to say how much crap I'm full of when I didn't even say that it was all factual. Next time instead of being a complete dick, why don't you say "look, your post isn't all that factual, here are some links as to why what I say is" rather then going out of your way to show how "big" of an e-peen you have by bashing my post. Like I said I read it somewhere. I'll even go find it and post the link in my edit if you wish to read it for yourself.

Excuse me?!

It is YOUR fault for not knowing what you're reading. And it's also YOUR fault for posting things WITHOUT knowing them.

I didn't say you were full of crap, I just said that your post was full of crap, because all it did was spreading MISINFORMATION.

IF you don't want to be corrected, post CORRECT information.

NOTE: Whatever you read, it sure wasn't about Ivy or Sandy Bridge. Because IMC is nothing new, and on it's way to the third generation.

Ridiculous. Sandy did not cause IVY to be sped up. The recall isn't even to do with Sandy! Get your facts straight, it's to due with the P67 chipset, which IVY just happens to support.

Excuse me?!

It is YOUR fault for not knowing what you're reading. And it's also YOUR fault for posting things WITHOUT knowing them.

I didn't say you were full of crap, I just said that your post was full of crap, because all it did was spreading MISINFORMATION.

IF you don't want to be corrected, post CORRECT information.

NOTE: Whatever you read, it sure wasn't about Ivy or Sandy Bridge. Because IMC is nothing new, and on it's way to the third generation.

I stand corrected because i left out an important piece of information. But from what I read in the article I'm about to link, it doubles the graphics performance.

http://it.tmcnet.com/topics/it/arti...bridge-architecture-support-directx-11-on.htm

I stand corrected because i left out an important piece of information. But from what I read in the article I'm about to link, it doubles the graphics performance.

http://it.tmcnet.com/topics/it/arti...bridge-architecture-support-directx-11-on.htm

The graphics performance, maybe. Although more reputable sources say that only a 30% increase is to be expected, which is much more realistic.

But not the overall processing power of the CPU. Which was what your post suggested.

The graphics performance, maybe. Although more reputable sources say that only a 30% increase is to be expected, which is much more realistic.

But not the overall processing power of the CPU. Which was what your post suggested.

Yeah thats what I was saying in the post you quoted, I left out that important piece of info saying that it was double the graphics not the actual over all CPU performance. Well teaches me to have the article up at the same time I am typing a post lol :rolleyes:.

If Ivy Bridge gets realesed that quickly and is indeed up to 30% faster per clock than SB, Nehalems will look so outdated. :(

If Ivy Bridge gets realesed that quickly and is indeed up to 30% faster per clock than SB, Nehalems will look so outdated. :(

It won't be 30% faster than Sandy.

ONLY the Integrated GPU will be close to 30% faster.

The CPUs themselves will be around 10% faster than Sandy. DON'T forget that Ivy Bridge IS Sandy Bridge, but on a smaller manufacturing process.

And even if the IB was 30% faster, how would that affect Nehalem's performance? Even a Core 2 Quad is still totally overkill for gaming these days. It will take YEARS (lots of them) for us to see even a Core 2 Quad as a minimum requirement for games.

You guys need to realize that we have access to CPU power, that will take years for the gaming industry to catch up, if they ever do.

I'm wondering what the performance enhancements really entail, what are the rumored microarchitecture changes for the CPU part? Or is the predicated improvement mainly from the likely cache size and clockspeed increase due to the smaller process? Perhaps hyperthreading and more cores at lower price points?

They hear the Bulldozer coming.

yep, here it is..:D

Jp9UHl.jpg

30%? No way! If true, Intel is the equivalent of a mad scientist creating Frankenstein!!:eek:

AMD guys need to get a grip, they are just plain behind. I loved my Opteron more than anyone, one of the best cpus around as were the other Athlon 64's and X2 but come on, intel is in the lead and I doubt it's going anywhere.

Ooooo! I like this news! ...if it's at all true, that is.

Ivy bridge, with a 7000 series ati card, quad channel ram, with a next gen intel SSD

DROOL

Ooooo! I like this news! ...if it's at all true, that is.

Ivy bridge, with a 7000 series ati card, quad channel ram, with a next gen intel SSD

DROOL

tell me more about this next gen intel SSD?

im looking to upgrade to SSD, what will be so special about this one?

Yaaaa!!! and a $3000 build cost from the looks of it.

Yea, but I'm still on LGA775 so my "new computer" fund is north of 4k hehehe
I skipped quite a few upgrade opportunities :)

tell me more about this next gen intel SSD?

im looking to upgrade to SSD, what will be so special about this one?

Oh, well just google "postville refresh"
Looks GOOD! cheaper, more storage, and most importantly; much quicker I/O

IB won't be anything significant. Remember the buzz about penryn? Only had about 5-10% increases over the original ones.

If you are on the long run, just wait for a Haswell or Bulldozer which is coming soon also.

Yea, but I'm still on LGA775 so my "new computer" fund is north of 4k hehehe
I skipped quite a few upgrade opportunities :)

Indeed, I just upgraded to p67 from 775. This is [H] so I love everyone that upgrades like a boss.

When I heard ivy bridge works on p67 = jizz in my pants.

If IB will improve graphic performance it should have no isssues to be on par with Llano.

As a matter of fact, SB can hold its own very well against the available "Fusion" on the market, Ontario :

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20031012-1.html

I remember how all the greeen side was bragging about SB being at Ontario level, Well, it appears not to be the case. Imagine a single core SB with GPU in the 9-15w range.

Mmmm nice! Though i thought mass 22nm fabs where right at the end of the year/beginning of next?

Mmmm nice! Though i thought mass 22nm fabs where right at the end of the year/beginning of next?

The ramp up is underway with Q4 being the schedule for revenue shipments. I do not believe we will see IB pulled in, it would affect the tick-tock process. Secondly, Intel still has a lot of excess 32nm capacity and probably the process isn't yet amortized. Thirdly, SB doesn't appear to be threatened in any way by Llano and GPU-less 6 and 8 core models will handle BD without breaking a sweat.

Intel will spend more than $9B this year to bring 22nm online, which is a 80% increase compared to 2010. Moreover, they will bring to 22nm 4 FABs instead of the usual 3. That's a huge capacity being brought online. Why increase the risks and hurry up for a month or two?

It won't be 30% faster than Sandy.

ONLY the Integrated GPU will be close to 30% faster.

The CPUs themselves will be around 10% faster than Sandy. DON'T forget that Ivy Bridge IS Sandy Bridge, but on a smaller manufacturing process.

And even if the IB was 30% faster, how would that affect Nehalem's performance? Even a Core 2 Quad is still totally overkill for gaming these days. It will take YEARS (lots of them) for us to see even a Core 2 Quad as a minimum requirement for games.

You guys need to realize that we have access to CPU power, that will take years for the gaming industry to catch up, if they ever do.

i find it funny how people get so pissed defending their purchases

Back