• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

IVR phone systems - open source / freeware?

RS3RS

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Dec 10, 2003
Messages
8,197
Is there such a thing as a good IVR system that is freeware or open source? Something like VoiceGuide or Broadcast By Phone or Spitfire X or something?

The only catch is I do need it to have an autodialer or work with one somehow.

Thanks!
 
Try Trixbox. I have one setup in my house with a Cisco IP phone. Its great.
 
Would tribox allow me to use an IP phone on a standard line?

I have a main line into the server room that people call, I also have an IP phone

what I would like to do is have the trixbox route calls from the standard telephone line to the IP phone and also have the trixbox pck up al the calls and put them into a menu that can give a live update of any current network issues before they get through to me.

sorry, hijacking the thread a bit here.
 
Jay, Yes it can. as long as you have the proper parts. The good news is that the basic 1 FXO (single incoming line) parts are cheap and plentiful. There's a LARGE community surrounding Asterisk and it's various cooked flavors as well including many "homebrewed" customizations and automations.
 
Yep, I have several customers using TrixBox. I would recommend starting there.
 
Thanks again for the suggestions - I have been experimenting with Asterisk on VMWare, and it seems like a good base for what I need. Haven't played with trixbox any yet.

What is a good autodialer to interface with Asterisk (or trixbox for that matter)? The only one I've really found is AstAutodialer, is there a better one I'm missing?

Thanks ;)
 
As far as phones: I've had excellent results using the snom series ( 320 specifically, but the 360 should work pretty good too ).
 
Back
Top