I've joined the i9300 club.

slowbiz

2[H]4U
So I just got my i9300 in the mail the other day. I formatted the hard drive and started fresh. I've got all the latest drivers from dell's website. I've also got a little problem.

I've been trying to play Half-Life 2 on it, with all the settings maxed (that's what it automatically chose for me) and widescreen 1440x900. However, the game is running clunky. Everything looks good, but not smooth at all. When I go to play the game, it says the drivers are out of date... but I can't use the ones from nvidia's website, because they don't work with the go 6800.

I used cool bits and oc'ed the 6800 to 360/790 no problem.

How can I improve this. I know it should run better than this.

Also, what kind of 3dmark05 score are you guys getting on your 9300's?

Oh yes, one more thing... the monitor's refresh rate only goes up to 60Hz. Is that right? It's just recognized as a plug and play monitor right now... are there more specific drivers for it?

edit: I ran the game with fraps going, and I'm actually getting great framerates (100+ to about 50). Why does it still look crappy?

would turning on vsync help?

vsync would help at the expense of framerates. give it a whirl and see what happens, it should be good at your 1440 screen rez. btw, what are you aa/as settings at?

vsync = easy fix

the aa/af settings were somewhere in the middle... 4 or 8 or something.

either way, it's all good now.

I can't believe how well this thing runs games now. I'm playing FarCry with all the settings totally maxed, and it's not ever dipping below 30 FPS. I'm very happy with this machine.

Another question.

I can't seem to get any internet connection from my network card (the wired one). Only the wireless is working. The card is enabled and everything, but I can't get an ip address. Any ideas?

go into device manager and make sure everything is installed. i had that problem once, actually by right clicking and disabling "1394 Net Adapter" and just leaving the wireless and broadcom adapters up and running i was able to get it work. it was just a fluke i had to do once or twice, try it and see if it works.

ingenious28 said:
go into device manager and make sure everything is installed. i had that problem once, actually by right clicking and disabling "1394 Net Adapter" and just leaving the wireless and broadcom adapters up and running i was able to get it work. it was just a fluke i had to do once or twice, try it and see if it works.
Didn't work. Hmm... this is pissing me off.

Back