I've decided to just splurge on both.

Shea6892

n00b
So I am going to get like an OCD vertex 120 gig SSD and upgrade my processor to the critically acclaimed Q6600, used, nonetheless still a Q6600. I am switching over from an Intel core 2 duo 1.80ghz CPU and a regular old 220GB HDD. I have three questions: Will I see a noticeable performance in upgrading to these? Will I be able to dual boot Vista/Linux 64 bit on the SSD while using my current regular HDD to store media? And last but not least how hard will all this be to set up? Thanks for helping me through this process guys.

The difference will be night and day... yes to the dual boot but would recommend you upgrade to windows 7... if you have installed operating systems before it shouldn't be too hard for you.

The difference will be night and day... yes to the dual boot but would recommend you upgrade to windows 7... if you have installed operating systems before it shouldn't be too hard for you.

Hmm I don't think I can afford to upgrade to windows 7 so I will probably stick to Vista, but I wish it wasn't 32-bit. I didn't buy it either it came with my computer so I don't think I can get access to a 64-bit version either. Is there any way I could get a 64-bit version of windows really cheap? Vista or Windows 7?

Back