• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ITX portable gaming case options

Code_Man

Weaksauce
Joined
Jun 22, 2022
Messages
76
Hard Forums Team,

I am currently researching ITX portable gaming cases. Looking for ease of travel and AIO support. These are my current parts:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7600X3D
GPU: Intel Arc B580 12GB
STORAGE: SK Hynix Gold P31 M.2

Thanks for the feedback!
 
I've had a HYTE Revolt 3 Small Form Factor Premium ITX Metal Computer Gaming Case in my sights for a while. On sale at Amazon for $55.99, black or white case. Has a handle for carrying.
 
I've had a HYTE Revolt 3 Small Form Factor Premium ITX Metal Computer Gaming Case in my sights for a while. On sale at Amazon for $55.99, black or white case. Has a handle for carrying.
Thank you for the reply and recommendation. I will add this to the list to research and check out in more detail. Cheers!
 
Need opinions on the Cooler Master n200 mini-ITX case. Looking to hone in on one in 2025. Anyone have any PROS / CONS on this case?

Thanks,
 
I had good experiences with this case. It fit a decent sized GPU, seemed fairly breathable. Solid case. It's big, to me, for an itx case.

I do caution to not get the window panel version if you have heat issues.

I know they sell this case with a sfx power supply and aio included. It's pricey though.
 
I had good experiences with this case. It fit a decent sized GPU, seemed fairly breathable. Solid case. It's big, to me, for an itx case.

I do caution to not get the window panel version if you have heat issues.

I know they sell this case with a sfx power supply and aio included. It's pricey though.
Yes. I saw the Cooler Master n200p V2 was $300.00+ for the AIO and power supply. I like to part my builds out piece-by-piece and try to stray from combo purchases unless its a really good Micro Center combo; or what not. For now, going to still research. But the search is narrowing down. This case in question is top 3 so far.

Thanks for the feedback.
 
NR200P is one of the largest SFF cases on the market. It's popular because it's affordable (compared to the boutique options) and being on the larger side makes it simpler to build in and offer better compatibility. It's an 18L case and really not something I'd want to carry around. Cooler Master sent me one along with an SFX PSU to review and I used it to make a build for my little sister.

I travel a lot for work and have a Sliger SM580 with a custom loop. Having a handle definitely helps with the portable aspect. While it's smaller than the NR200p at 15L, It's still larger and heavier than I'd like. These days If I were building a new travel rig, I'd either just go as small as possible with an APU like an 8700G or run a 4060 LP with a 7600X3D which can still fit into sub 5L cases.

If I needed to stick with a larger GPU, I'd probably go with another Sliger. The S610 is 13L case that can be optioned with a handle.

20231126_163507.jpg
20240121_173555 (1).jpg
 
NR200P is one of the largest SFF cases on the market. It's popular because it's affordable (compared to the boutique options) and being on the larger side makes it simpler to build in and offer better compatibility. It's an 18L case and really not something I'd want to carry around. Cooler Master sent me one along with an SFX PSU to review and I used it to make a build for my little sister.

I travel a lot for work and have a Sliger SM580 with a custom loop. Having a handle definitely helps with the portable aspect. While it's smaller than the NR200p at 15L, It's still larger and heavier than I'd like. These days If I were building a new travel rig, I'd either just go as small as possible with an APU like an 8700G or run a 4060 LP with a 7600X3D which can still fit into sub 5L cases.

If I needed to stick with a larger GPU, I'd probably go with another Sliger. The S610 is 13L case that can be optioned with a handle.

View attachment 701229View attachment 701230
Wow! This is good information. Already got a Intel Arc B580 on backorder on B&H, picked up a 7600X3D from Micro Center 2 weekends ago, and got storage squared away. The handle is in the 'PRO' category for my portability requirements. I will research the S610 today.

Thanks,
 
SFF builds have really taken off in popularity the past few years, so there are a lot more options than the last time I really looked into it. If you're willing to sift through Amazon and Aliexpress there are a bunch of cheap ITX cases these days. Being that you are near a Microcenter, you could also go in and be able to compare the NR200P to smaller cases like the Lian Li A4 H20 or the Fractal Terra.
 
SFF builds have really taken off in popularity the past few years, so there are a lot more options than the last time I really looked into it. If you're willing to sift through Amazon and Aliexpress there are a bunch of cheap ITX cases these days. Being that you are near a Microcenter, you could also go in and be able to compare the NR200P to smaller cases like the Lian Li A4 H20 or the Fractal Terra.
I did demo the mentioned cases at Microcenter. Was quite astonished on SFF cases. They look smaller in person, compared to the pictures. I do wonder on thermals inside SFF's but with the correct AIO size and fans should be fine. The 7600X3D has a TDP of 65W! This is going to help the thermals greatly.
 
There are obviously quite a lot of SFF ITX case options these days, especially if you're willing to shop around on niche sites or order directly from China, etc.

smallformfactor.net is a great resource, if you want to go down a few research rabbit holes. Or you can go to caseend.com for some ideas.

For a recent-ish build, I went with a Mechanic Master C24 case, and really liked it. That manufacturer has similar cases in at least a couple of other sizes, depending on your needs. The C24 has a nice handle, for your portability requirement.

One thing to note if it's your first time building in such a small case - PSU cable management is a PITA (especially if you want to maintain nice airflow in the case). I ordered some custom-length cables on Etsy, which really helped out.
 
Not sure what your budget is, but I've really been enjoying my custom loop build in the ncase M2.
 
There are obviously quite a lot of SFF ITX case options these days, especially if you're willing to shop around on niche sites or order directly from China, etc.

smallformfactor.net is a great resource, if you want to go down a few research rabbit holes. Or you can go to caseend.com for some ideas.

For a recent-ish build, I went with a Mechanic Master C24 case, and really liked it. That manufacturer has similar cases in at least a couple of other sizes, depending on your needs. The C24 has a nice handle, for your portability requirement.

One thing to note if it's your first time building in such a small case - PSU cable management is a PITA (especially if you want to maintain nice airflow in the case). I ordered some custom-length cables on Etsy, which really helped out.
Going to research those websites; smallformfactor.net and caseend.com. Much appreciated.
 
Hello. How to build a small mini ITX gaming build that I can carry anywhere. I am a college student so preferably staying away from home. And I need to travel. How can I build a portable gaming pc with Rtx 2070?

I'm guessing you already have the RTX 2070 (or see a good deal on a used one somewhere)?
Depending on just how portable you want it, and if you want a handle / etc, there are plenty of case options for full-sized cards. Check out the sites I mentioned above - smallformfactor.net and caseend.com - for specific recommendations.
I have a Mechanic Master C24 case with an RTX 4070 inside, and a convenient handle for carrying. But you may want something lighter / smaller, like a "sandwich" case - e.g., Dan A4-SFX, as a random example. Just totally depends on your specific needs and budget.
 
Back
Top